New Kent Shaving Soap Formulation (no longer MWF)

Kent:

Sorbitol, Stearic acid, Sucrose, Propylene glycol, Glycerin, Lauric acid, Water, Sodium hydroxide, Myristate acid, Vitamin E, Sodium chloride, Lanolin, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Shea butter, Jojoba seed oil, Fragrance

The closest ingredient set I can find that makes any sense is an older formulation used by Haryali:

Propylene Glycol, Sucrose, Stearic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Water, Lauric Acid, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, CI 77891, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil)

Sorbitol at the front (if ordered for the purposes of INCI) makes no sense. It is a minor ingredient and can be found in all sorts of soaps including shaving soaps and creams, but it's waaaaay down the ingredient list. I think that's a (deliberate) mistake. Propylene Glycol and Sucrose at the front of the heap, along with Stearic Acid and Glycerin is reasonably common.

In some respects, it's the sort of formulation I would have expected from Erasmic.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate in shaving soap? Seriously!

I found a random shaving soap on eBay. I have a suspicion this could be the same one as the new Kent.

What a strange looking set of ingredients.

s-l1600.jpg

The Kent ingredient list suggests it's a melt-n-pour base.
Sorbitol, sucrose, propylene glycol, SLS/SLES are all ingredients found in most MnP soap bases.

It would have been better for Kent to continue stocking veggie MWF, especially given the latest improved veggie formulation.

Last edited:
The Kent ingredient list suggests it's a melt-n-pour base.
Sorbitol, sucrose, propylene glycol, SLS/SLES are all ingredients found in most MnP soap bases.

It would have been better for Kent to continue stocking veggie MWF, especially given the latest improve veggie formulation.

It certainly would have! Kinda shot themselves in the foot there ... hopefully they can land on any one of the other excellent British reformulations that are going on at the moment.

Reactions: Nav
It certainly would have! Kinda shot themselves in the foot there ... hopefully they can land on any one of the other excellent British reformulations that are going on at the moment.

It seems unfathomable to me!
Switching from MWF tallow to an MnP soap is literally going from the best to the worst!

Back
Top Bottom