New Kent Shaving Soap Formulation (no longer MWF)

Kent:

Sorbitol, Stearic acid, Sucrose, Propylene glycol, Glycerin, Lauric acid, Water, Sodium hydroxide, Myristate acid, Vitamin E, Sodium chloride, Lanolin, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Shea butter, Jojoba seed oil, Fragrance

The closest ingredient set I can find that makes any sense is an older formulation used by Haryali:

Propylene Glycol, Sucrose, Stearic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Water, Lauric Acid, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, CI 77891, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil)

Sorbitol at the front (if ordered for the purposes of INCI) makes no sense. It is a minor ingredient and can be found in all sorts of soaps including shaving soaps and creams, but it's waaaaay down the ingredient list. I think that's a (deliberate) mistake. Propylene Glycol and Sucrose at the front of the heap, along with Stearic Acid and Glycerin is reasonably common.

In some respects, it's the sort of formulation I would have expected from Erasmic.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate in shaving soap? Seriously!

Back
Top Bottom