New Kent Shaving Soap Formulation (no longer MWF)

I was sent an email from Kent, and I clicked on the link. I never knew they made electric toothbrush heads... Ok, I will stop the rambling Then I had a look to see to see how much their SB2 soap, which for many of us is MWF with different packaging. Or so I thought!

It's been reformulated into something different.

Ingredients
Sorbitol, Stearic acid, Sucrose, Propylene glycol, Glycerin, Lauric acid, Water, Sodium hydroxide, Myristate acid, Vitamin E, Sodium chloride, Lanolin, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Shea butter, Jojoba seed oil, Fragrance.

I presume Kent switched to a different supplier?

I've never seen a shaving soap where the first ingredient is Sorbitol! Unless they have made a mistake on their website and put the wrong ingredients list up. It looks like a strange set of ingredients for a shaving soap if I'm honest.

You can find it here

Is anyone feeling brave and willing to take one for the team? @pjgh what do you think of the ingredients list?

Where’s the tallow. I seem to remember someone posting email correspondence from Kent stating that they would find a supplier that would include it in the ingredients? Shame, as the had a chance to outdo Mitchell’s on that and potentially keep old customers.

Doubt, shaving soap sales make much of a difference to their overall sales though.

... and to say, I was about to (blind) buy a wooden potted Kent given how much I love the current MWF because I do like my wooden British soaps. Boy, would I have been disappointed!

Wouldn't it be awful if we found out they'd sourced this from DR Harris and this was their 2024 formula? Quick check ... phew! Shit, I've probably jinxed it now. More likely to be Trumpers next formulation :ROFLMAO:

What sort of guff is that? World’s gone fecking bonkers. Yes please, pay us your money so we can give you shite. Shite soap from Trumper’s, shite soap from Culmak, shite soap from posh gits Cheque & don’t Speak and now a set of ingredients that I wouldn’t wash with never mind shave. It’s simple dishonesty and unscrupulous trading. They should all be held to account and their alleged good names besmirched. Bunch of investment bankers! Kent? C**t

Last edited:
Where’s the tallow. I seem to remember someone posting email correspondence from Kent stating that they would find a supplier that would include it in the ingredients? Shame, as the had a chance to outdo Mitchell’s on that and potentially keep old customers.

Doubt, shaving soap sales make much of a difference to their overall sales though.
Doesn’t matter what their ruddy sales volumes from shaving soap are: it’s their willingness to sell shite and take money for stuff that isn’t fit for purpose. Can’t believe a word these arseholes tell us.

Synchronised complaint?

c322f0c7-5923-4d5c-b526-d00e38f78c6d_screenshot.jpg

Kent sucks donkey dick! ... Can I get an Amen?

Kent:

Sorbitol, Stearic acid, Sucrose, Propylene glycol, Glycerin, Lauric acid, Water, Sodium hydroxide, Myristate acid, Vitamin E, Sodium chloride, Lanolin, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Shea butter, Jojoba seed oil, Fragrance

The closest ingredient set I can find that makes any sense is an older formulation used by Haryali:

Propylene Glycol, Sucrose, Stearic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Water, Lauric Acid, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, CI 77891, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil)

Sorbitol at the front (if ordered for the purposes of INCI) makes no sense. It is a minor ingredient and can be found in all sorts of soaps including shaving soaps and creams, but it's waaaaay down the ingredient list. I think that's a (deliberate) mistake. Propylene Glycol and Sucrose at the front of the heap, along with Stearic Acid and Glycerin is reasonably common.

In some respects, it's the sort of formulation I would have expected from Erasmic.

Didn't they also discontinue all their (admittedly crap anyway) badger brushes a while ago on the back of that very sketchy PETA evidence of badger abuse? They'll still sell you all manner of hog bristle brushes though, yeah I'm sure the pigs are treated so differently :rolleyes:

IMO their products have been crap for years, decades maybe, living off their Royal warrant... The soap was the odd one out, at least their range is consistent now.

Didn't they also discontinue all their (admittedly crap anyway) badger brushes a while ago on the back of that very sketchy PETA evidence of badger abuse? They'll still sell you all manner of hog bristle brushes though, yeah I'm sure the pigs are treated so differently :rolleyes:

IMO their products have been crap for years, decades maybe, living off their Royal warrant... The soap was the odd one out, at least their range is consistent now.
Yeah, nice handles but crappy knots. Now replaced by a range of overly expensive synthetics. 2nd or 3rd gen fibres at best. Combs are alright as are their hair brushes but costly for what they are. Kent? Bent!

Back
Top Bottom