Name the top four, and ONLY four!

Valobra (Tallow) all scents.
C&S Oxford & Cambridge ( Tallow)
C&S 88 (Tallow)
AOS sandalwood (Tallow)

Unfortunately none of which are available to buy anymore!

Fortunately I have a stock of all of these apart from the AOS of which I only have one puck!

Paul.

I think the AOS was made by Valobra, as were the C&S ones. It was an incredibly base, and a shame it was discontinued.

It's a shame no one has attempted to reverse engineer it.

I think the AOS was made by Valobra, as were the C&S ones. It was an incredibly base, and a shame it was discontinued.

It's a shame no one has attempted to reverse engineer it.
Yes the AOS Tallow soap was made by Valobra, a pity that I didn't bag a few of them before they were reformulated, I love the Sandalwood scented soap.

Paul.

1. La Toja shave stick
2. MdC Rose if I had the ££

I grate the stick into a container and it's the only soap I have used in years. A nice neutral daily scent, very good at softening my tough beard and lathers with a handful of swirls of any brush. Tried many others but, apart from MdC, which is too expensive (paid €25 for about 18 La Toja sticks a while back), I don't see myself using anything else. I dread the day they stop making it!

I really liked MWF back in the day, but I don't know if they do a 'vegetarian' one. That would be about the only thing to tempt me away from the Spanish magic stick.

1. La Toja shave stick
2. MdC Rose if I had the ££

I grate the stick into a container and it's the only soap I have used in years. A nice neutral daily scent, very good at softening my tough beard and lathers with a handful of swirls of any brush. Tried many others but, apart from MdC, which is too expensive (paid €25 for about 18 La Toja sticks a while back), I don't see myself using anything else. I dread the day they stop making it!

I really liked MWF back in the day, but I don't know if they do a 'vegetarian' one. That would be about the only thing to tempt me away from the Spanish magic stick.

MwF has now been reformulated into a tallow free combination with palm oil to replace the tallow. It still contains lanolin, which might or might not be vegetarian according to your needs.

If you want to purchase the palm oil MWF, Connaught have it.

La Toja has recently been reformulated too, but their shaving cream has been discontinued.

Back
Top Bottom