Mitchell's Wool Fat - Why?

Hmmm... there may be a money-making opportunity bottling Leith tap-water & selling it to MWF users in hard-water areas :lol:

Whips up a mountain of lather in seconds up here, either in a bowl or face-lathering. Lovely stuff indeed.

I have been using MWF for a few weeks and felt i was producing a generous amount of lather until i watched Mantic's video. Followed his procedure and i couldn't find my face for the amount of lather i had brushed up!

I love MWF.................and Arko!

Twinnumber2 said:
I have been using MWF for a few weeks and felt i was producing a generous amount of lather until i watched Mantic's video. Followed his procedure and i couldn't find my face for the amount of lather i had brushed up!

I love MWF.................and Arko!

And Mantic! That was a helpful video of his on MWF.

I've got MWF and 6 other soaps / creams. MWF is the only one that I use.

Now I have mastered the technique it really is not that difficult to lather. Initially I bowl lathered, then I learned how to face lather, it does not take that long to do.

It does not have much of a scent, certainly not one that will interfere with any cologne or after shave that you will want to wear when going out on the pull.

But most of all, it leaves my face feeling so good and smooth when I have finished shaving, I just don't get that feeling with anything else in my inventory.

Lovely!:icon_cheesygrin:

I went ahead and bought some MWF soap last week as my curiosity got the better of me and I was looking for a good 'neutral' base soap.

Fortunately for me I have no problem getting loads of good thick lather from normal bowl lathering with no special soaking, upside down loading of brush etc... I'm putting that down to living in a soft water area rather than any special technique on my part!

It's a great soap to shave with and leaves the skin feeling good too! I can see it staying in the rotation for the foreseeable future.

Not a fan. I can lather it, and like to think I've put a decent amount of effort into learning to lather really well with soaps in general, as that's almost all I use. But I don't like the MWF lather. Easily the airiest and 'crispiest' lather I've come across. The skin conditioning is outstanding, but the shaves are really meh.

Arrowhead said:
Shouldn't be airy: too much water?

Nope. I've played around with it - more soap, less water, more water, different brushes etc, and it's just very hard to get slick and soapy. Even then, for me the results are nothing to write about.

It could be my water contributing too. It's pretty hard, and I'm not nerdy enough to do the distilled water thing. I already have 3 soaps that give me great results, so I don't feel I'm missing out here.

Pig Cat said:
Well I love the scent but have tried and failed to get a decent lather. I don't have particularly hard water. I think what I'm doing wrong is not using it on a daily basis thus keeping the puck moist. But I don't want to use it every day so it's been dropped.

Hard & moist used in the same post....:p

Arrowhead said:
Hard water eh? Well, it's not worth moving to Bradford to sort that out I can assure you. What are the other soaps, just out of curiosity?

Well, practically anything you care to mention lathers better. Results vary for performance, obviously. So I'm not hanging a big hat on the hard water thing, which I know is a forum fallback for when someone doesn't get on with something.

But favourites are Tabac, Speick and Cella. Easy to lather, great shaves.

Honourable mentions to Proraso, Cade and TOBS creams. Performance varies between them, but can't fault the ease and feel of the lather.

fozz77 said:
Pig Cat said:
Well I love the scent but have tried and failed to get a decent lather. I don't have particularly hard water. I think what I'm doing wrong is not using it on a daily basis thus keeping the puck moist. But I don't want to use it every day so it's been dropped.

Hard & moist used in the same post....:p

-1-trophy.gif

Back
Top Bottom