Mitchell's Wool Fat - Why?

jhclare said:
Life's too short to waste time with this soap.

Get yourself some Provence Sante - best face care of any soap I've used, and so easy to lather it's almost silly. :mrgreen:

I literally need no balm or moisturiser after using this stuff.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/prsashsore3o.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/prsashsore3o.html</a><!-- m -->

John

Sounds good John but do you think he can wait for it to come from USA or France? This soap doesn't appear to be available in the UK so perhaps this could be the poor man's M de C and a group buy might be in order?!

Pig Cat said:
... perhaps I wasn't persistent enough loading the brush...
Very likely. My technique is to load the brush heavily and lather one half of my face, same again on t'other side, and again under the jawline ... and once more for luck. Results in way too much lather in the end of course, but that's okay because the puck never shrinks. Funny stuff.

Pig Cat said:
jhclare said:
Life's too short to waste time with this soap.

Get yourself some Provence Sante - best face care of any soap I've used, and so easy to lather it's almost silly. :mrgreen:

I literally need no balm or moisturiser after using this stuff.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/prsashsore3o.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/prsashsore3o.html</a><!-- m -->

John

Sounds good John but do you think he can wait for it to come from USA or France? This soap doesn't appear to be available in the UK so perhaps this could be the poor man's M de C and a group buy might be in order?!

Hmm........... ;)

Can't understand people talking about scent, really could not smell anything from this, which if nothing else makes it a nice neutral base :)

I too, gave up on MWF. But it should be compulsory for all of us to have a go. It's a fair price at around a fiver, has a lovely scent and leaves your skin very soft. But I never did get the kind of thick creamy lather I prefer - but even so, you get great shaves with it.

hunnymonster said:
I don't find it hard to lather at all... the biggest positive is the lanolin content (unless you react to lanolin - no, I don't mean react like that - you know who you are...)

Am I that one? :cry:

I loved the smell, found it lathered great, looked great in the ceramic bowl, I just had a particuly bad reaction to it.......still doesn't stop me thinking about trying it again!

Lovely stuff. I have liquid rock coming out of my taps, but I still manage to get a great lather from it. Admittedly, I owe that to Mantic's vids…

Love the stuff.

Lipsy

Ok... I took the plunge and got some (quick, I know).

First impressions: Does indeed leave my skin feeling great, which is why I decided to try it, smells neutral but nice, tough to lather.

Using an old dog-end of Crabtree and Evelyin soap I can whip up a perfect (to me) lather. Using the MWF I can create a lather that *looks* great, but dies quickly on my face and offers nowhere near as much cushioning. It seems quite a hard soap, and I suspect my boar brush isn't fully broken in yet, so I will reserve judgement until I have had a week or so playing with it. I suspect the key stages are softening the soap and loading the brush enough. I did do some 'practice' lathering last night, which I take as a sign that this shaving lark is getting mildly obsessive :oops:

EDIT: Bowl lathering so far. Will try face lathering next, but I haven't had much experience with that. People seem to recommend it for MWF though, so will give it a go.

Pig Cat said:
Thanks and yeah I have tried that and perhaps I wasn't persistent enough loading the brush because still the lather was too thin for me. The shaves I got were very good with no irritation but to me part of the pleasure of using a brush is the satisfaction of achieving a lovely lather. I am sure that if I spent some time on perfecting it with MWF I'd get somewhere in the end but there are so many other good soaps and creams that I just can't be narked. It's taken me long enough to get decent with a straight! :roll:

Sorry to ask, but do you face lather with it? Never had a problem after I started to do that. Da Fat´s Da Titts, I tell you PC. It´s truly one of the great straight razor shaving soaps out there. I can only use it in the winter time though (pimples :oops:), but lather is slick as anything and works fantastic with str8s.

As others have said, fantastic skin care from this soap and I don't really have any problems generating a lather when face lathering with it. Shame really, as I used it for a week recently and think I might be developing a bit of an allergy to the lanolin, it started to irritate my face a bit and leave it somewhat red and blotchy. I'm going to go back to it at some point and hopefully it will be fine.

Fido said:
I too, gave up on MWF. But it should be compulsory for all of us to have a go. It's a fair price at around a fiver, has a lovely scent and leaves your skin very soft. But I never did get the kind of thick creamy lather I prefer - but even so, you get great shaves with it.

True, I like my lather fluffy :lol: but that´s not an option with MWF, it seems. I´ve got ultra smooth water and I get an extremly slick, almost watery, lather. But even though not as thick as I would want it to be, it is lovely.

Back
Top Bottom