Mentholated soap recommendation?

It's $16 per Vostock shaving cream tub plus $11.78 postage for one and $14.92 postage for two. T'fore one unit would cost $16 + $7.46 = $23.46 = £15.21.

To go above two units would make for a package valuable enough to attract the attention of Customs.

There is also Vostok soap refill/plastic container/bowl at $15/17.50/22.00 and a 1oz after-shave balm at $10.

Every time I've clicked on 'Store' in the Shave Den today I've collected an error message telling me I've exceeded my bandwidth limit. Is there a problem withh TSD's Store or is this something to dio with having just installed IE9?

chris.hale said:
I've just caved in and ordered a bowl of the QCS Vostok, with the shipping it works out at about the same cost as D R Harris. I could have saved some by just buying the puck, but I'm a sucker for the wooden bowls. :icon_rolleyes:

When it arrives I'll give it a test run and let you know what I think.
I have the QCS Vostok shave cream. It is more like an Italian soft soap. It's the best mentholated shave cream I've ever tried. The most sophisticated scented soap or cream there is.

If you want more menthol in your life, buy some menthol crystals, crush them and add them to your AS or your shave creams or melt your soaps and add to the soaps.

Vostok is by far my favorite of soaps or creams. You will definitely love it.

chris.hale said:
I'm looking forward to it, just need to wait for the two weeks or so it'll take to get here now. Postage from the US is not speedy.

When I bought some Professor Blighty products from England and shipped to the USA, it took 11 days to get to me by Royal Air Mail and luckily customs didn't open it and take more time.

QCS is very quick at shipping out from North Carolina, but I don't know how quick the USA USPS airmail will be.

My QCS Vostok arrived today, this is the quickest delivery I've ever had from the US. I like the fact that the soap looks hand-made, and it lathers up a storm! I am happy to report that it does not disappoint on the menthol side, it has a nice minty menthol scent and is decidedly chilly! Despite having a shower afterwards I could still feel the chill twenty minutes later.

The lather is very slick, and I got one of the most comfortable shaves I've ever had. I will definitely be ordering more when I've used this up.

A chilly morning! Two tubes of Arko mint arrived yesterday along with some of JoAnna's TSD menthol shave cream and an 'M' Bomb - add a few drops of menthol to your whatever. Finish off with Alcohool Glacial and 3P. Brrrrrrrrrr!

I think Parcel Force tried to deliver our Vostok, Dr Rick, though it may be something else, of course - no Customs, whatever it is!

fatboyslimfast said:
Another vote for Nanny's Ice & Slice here - really nice cooling effect on the face.

I've got a splodge sample at the moment, while its smells and feels great on the skin I can't get a great lather out of it yet! Not a soap user so trying to adjust!

Bechet45 said:
I think Parcel Force tried to deliver our Vostok, Dr Rick, though it may be something else, of course - no Customs, whatever it is!

A box of energy saving light bulbs - that are too long - from Eon - in a soggy box, delivered by an even soggier Parcel Force man in shorts and ankle length wellies. Dunno what he was wearing above the waist!

Here in Spain we use a spanish shaving cream called "LEA mentolada", which is one of the coolest I know. It's cheap and you can get easily in spanish webshops like Varonia or Giftsandcare (and you can find in local spanish supermarkets without much problems). The only con is that the scent is very "artificial" and it hasn't remarkable properties as a cheap shaving cream, but is a good deal anyway.

Cheers!

Bechet45 said:
Bechet45 said:

A box of energy saving light bulbs - that are too long - from Eon - in a soggy box, delivered by an even soggier Parcel Force man in shorts and ankle length wellies. Dunno what he was wearing above the waist!

I've been done by Customs!!! £6.10 plus £8.00 fee for something - one of two possibilities, I reckon. Vostok or Raw Vanilla and I think the later. The £8 bugs!!

Back
Top Bottom