Mentholated soap recommendation?

I've been using Proraso green and I really like it, however it could do with more menthol. So guys, which is the best freeze-your-face-off soap? I'd prefer a UK supplier if possible to avoid being stung by customs, but if someone's found the world's most frostbite-inducing soap in the US I could be tempted. I'm thinking ideally menthol and mint, but something citrus could work too. What can you suggest?

Have you tried Ingrams shave cream, its really cheap! On its own its....well ok but i mix mine up with Proraso for a super later and gives me a right chill! Oh also if your not using then get Proraso pre & post shave cream its amazing! I guess you could use that to shave with as well as a pre & post!

It might be a good idea to try a couple of our home grown vendors. Nanny's Silly Soap Ice And A Slice is very good. You get a menthol blast plus fresh lime. It's a regular in my rotation. The other vendor to consider is our Professor Blighty. I've not tried his Isen Vann but if his other flavours are anything to go by, it'll be amazing. Their customer service is second to none and the prices are great. Both are members of this fair parish so you can message them directly.

Good luck getting the face freeze.:)

Proraso is the strongest mentholated soap i used so far, omega is similar but menthol is not stronger, valobra menthol is nowhere near as proraso. give ingrams a try its not as strong as proraso but its refreshing and its under £2 in superdrug.

chris.hale said:
I've been using Proraso green and I really like it, however it could do with more menthol. So guys, which is the best freeze-your-face-off soap? I'm thinking ideally menthol and mint, but something citrus could work too. What can you suggest?

Hi Chris,

I've heard good things about the menthol blast in the shaving soap made by JoAnna at www.theshaveden.com. Good things being you can ask her to adjust the amount added. Can't say from experience because I don't understand the whole menthol deal.

However, I do use her soaps and recommend em as a certainly much better than average small vendor product. Performance is very good, and the price is very reasonable (under $10 per puck).

She makes one of the better 'lime' scented soaps I've sniffed, if you're thinking about something citrusy to go with the menthol rush.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Oh, I think she's having a 15% off sale until the 3rd I believe.

I have read that Queen's Charlotte Vostok is one of the most mentholated soaps around. And his maker said that if anyone finds a cooler soap, just said him to improve the formula, so I think it must be a really refreshing soap, hehe. The only problem is shipping costs I'm afraid, as it comes from USA...

Cheers!

I do like the sound of QCS Vostok and TSD Subzero, but the shipping costs plus the £8 extra the post office will charge if customs decide to poke them about make them rather expensive. Has anyone tried ordering these from the UK?

I like the sound of Nanny's ice and a slice, and Prof Blighty's isen vann both of which sound worthy of further investigation, especially if it would be possible to get an extra menthol version.

The thought of some sort of menthol additive that I could stick a drop or two of into the lather also crossed my mind. Menthol being crystalline it'd need to be dissolved in something, or maybe menthol essential oil would work. Has anyone tried this?

chris.hale said:
I do like the sound of QCS Vostok and TSD Subzero, but the shipping costs plus the £8 extra the post office will charge if customs decide to poke them about make them rather expensive. Has anyone tried ordering these from the UK?

I like the sound of Nanny's ice and a slice, and Prof Blighty's isen vann both of which sound worthy of further investigation, especially if it would be possible to get an extra menthol version.

The thought of some sort of menthol additive that I could stick a drop or two of into the lather also crossed my mind. Menthol being crystalline it'd need to be dissolved in something, or maybe menthol essential oil would work. Has anyone tried this?

I use this http://theshavedenshop.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=203 you can use as much or as little as you like to get that freeze face feeling.

I've just caved in and ordered a bowl of the QCS Vostok, with the shipping it works out at about the same cost as D R Harris. I could have saved some by just buying the puck, but I'm a sucker for the wooden bowls. :icon_rolleyes:

When it arrives I'll give it a test run and let you know what I think.

The postage on two QCS Vostoks is about $3 more than for one. Anyone want to join me in a dual-buy and halve tbe postage from US? We should still come under the Customs limit.

Back
Top Bottom