Mental Health Awareness

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this link. Apologies if already posted.

This offer could be useful to someone :

I used the Headspace app back in 2014 when I had my first serious bout of anxiety and depression. Admittedly, I only used it for about 6 months but it helped me a lot in that time. I got a lot out of it and still use some of the techniques today.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write this informative report on your meeting.

I'm going to look it up, see where it is near me. Hope you are feeling better too.

Thanks for taking the time to write this informative report on your meeting.

I'm going to look it up, see where it is near me. Hope you are feeling better too.
Cheers @Omer for your post. I hope there's one you can get to, or if not, that you can join in online. I'm not sure how you access the online one off the top of my head but it's on the website. Be well and Cheers for letting me know that you made it to the end of my massive missive and found it useful.

Very informative.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it may encourage others to visit a similar help group.

I found it useful, too, and I'm sure many more will.
Thanks for posting.

Brilliant and informative, thank you for posting

Thank you for letting us know how your visit to Andy's man club went, it sounds really positive and I'm pleased you found it helpful.
Well done for plucking up the courage and going there.
Keep us posted, if you don't mind.

Paul.

Yeah it's not on when there's a bank holiday but I'll try to get to the next one. Not sure what else there will be to report about the club, but I guess I can give you updates about me!
It's your mental wellness that I'm interested in, I hope it's all positive from here on in.

Paul.

Last edited:
It's back.
What? I hear you say.....

The feeling of impending doom like I think I'm going to have Heart attack.
The palpitations, the naging tightness, the gassy gut (stress belly)...
I've had a busy few weeks... doing some agency work for a friend, work I don't normally do. 8 hour Office environment. 100 people a day... barely time to have 15 mins lunch... 2 hour journey into London 2 hours out.
Thankfully that's come to an end just back to the normal window cleaning next week.

But I don't feel great.... and I have to go to chuffing family get together with the inlaws tomorrow. Not what I want to do to wind down.

Any how that's how I feel..... I'm trying to cut back on the Alcohol intake and trying to eat healthier meals. But I do wonder if I should put my mind at rest and go to the A/E tomorrow.... but at the same time I don't want to waste thier time or mine.

Stupid anxiety.

I don't really know what to say but I sympathise.
All I can say is "this too shall pass" and "if you're going through hell KEEP going".
Nothing stays the same; we experience familiar cycles but things can also end forever and new things take their place.
Recognising the feeling when it is approaching and accepting you will ride it out and come out the other end is how I deal with anything like this, and I don't experience that kind of anxiety these days, so things can gradually improve.

I worry anything I say on this subject will sound glib and patronising, like a copy and paste job from a sociopath's beginner's course in pseudo-counselling.
I hope it doesn't.

Wise words indeed.

Paul.

Get it checked out. I had that for years. Ended up with arterial fibrillation with a heart beat of 180-220bpm and needing paddles to restart heart on 4 different occasions.
And have had 2 heart operations.
They will not think you are silly with pains in chest,