Mental Health Awareness

Really struggling today.
Workload pretty much doubled in the space of the last month or so. Lots of high profile stuff going on which my deaprtment having to facilitate improvements on (that are not our fault).
Moving house and getting married in the next few weeks.
Recent death of family member.

Have reluctantly had to reach out to my boss. Could go either way but I am already struggling so it's not going to sort itself out if I do nothing.
Oh my....
A lot of stuff on your plate.
Hope you get everything sorted...
And congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials.

From personal experience I can say that quitting alcohol really helped to lift ‘brain fog’. Only now I can see that even one glass of beer can be detrimental to mental health/feelings in the hours and days thereafter. Been off the booze for some two years now.
Well done, alcohol as you know is a depressant and for some people any amount can be detrimental to their mental health and certainly drinking large amounts can be detrimental to their psychical and mental health.
So to cut it out of your life can bring great improvements in many ways.
Not always an easy thing to do but I should think it's ultimately one worth doing.

Paul

Well done, alcohol as you know is a depressant and for some people any amount can be detrimental to their mental health and certainly drinking large amounts can be detrimental to their psychical and mental health.
So to cut it out of your life can bring great improvements in many ways.
Not always an easy thing to do but I should think it's ultimately one worth doing.

Paul
In the beginning it was hard. As many people do I started it with ‘just’ a dry January. It still feels like a very very extended dry January.

I have never been a big drinker but when I was at uni I tried to keep up with others a bit.
I used to think the way it made me feel was caused by the pressures of the course, and money, and the thought of the future.
Those were aspects but sometimes you can have all those things in front of you and not feel phased by it; excited even.

I am usually the designated driver these days and often restrict alcohol to important social occasions or a hot sunny day.

I've always found it strange that if you watch American TV shows since the 1960s, they often have reference to people making their week weekly or monthly trip to the psychiatrist for their scheduled mental health check-up - look at TV series like Frasier, for instance...

You realize that it was a comedy, right?

Well my health has affected my mental wellbeing. I have uncontrolled blood sugar levels, high cholesterol and very high blood pressure.

It looks like I will have to give up my only life comforts in Coke, Chocolate and Biscuits. I have been a diabetic for 7 years but just ignored it.

It's always struck me as a cruel irony that we crave stuff that's bad for us. My lil sis has been diabetic for 45 years, she can probably not remember life before several injections a day and fingers like pin cushions. Luckily now there's clever tech so she's got a thing stuck to her arm that continuously monitors blood sugar so early warning, fewer hypos, no more pricking of fingertips.

Well my health has affected my mental wellbeing. I have uncontrolled blood sugar levels, high cholesterol and very high blood pressure.

It looks like I will have to give up my only life comforts in Coke, Chocolate and Biscuits. I have been a diabetic for 7 years but just ignored it.

Covid etc, left with me a few long term health issues. One of the ailments are fairly acute issues with my acid reflux. A few months ago I was on 4 pills a day, now I've cut down to just the one.

I cut out all forms of sugar (as much as is possible), be it alcohol, chocolate, biscuits, and it made a huge impact on my physical health and that also has an impact on my mental health.

I miss those pleasures for sure, but they aren't worth the pain they involved post consumption.

Back
Top Bottom