Lupo Lup-Off

@Blademonkey - I think Jester's post tells you everything you need to know

posing james franco GIF by A24
So it wasn't the fact you had dropped your guts in the bathroom whilst shaving and you with your warped sense of humour coined the phrase Sexual breeze.

Paul.

Razor: RazoRock Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: FS G4 24mm
Soap: MdC Vetiver
Pre: Proraso Cypress and Vetiver
ASL: Superdrug Forest Fresh
ASB: Nivea

IMG_20210309_182150.jpg

An improvement on Sunday's shave but I'm still not sure on this head. This one acts differently on my neck in that it skips, unlike its larger gapped brother that just drags slightly. Strangely it felt a lot milder today than Sunday. Thursday is its last chance to shine.

Razor: RazoRock Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: FS 26mm Silvertip
Soap: OSP Urban Viking
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: OSP Urban Viking
ASB: None

IMG_20210311_112849.jpg

Final shave with the Lupo 72. It skipped on my neck again and I picked up a weeper when trying to counter it. Skin was taught and the lather was on point. I just think this head isn't for me. Interesting as this is the blade gap I'd have chosen initially if I could only have one plate. I now know that I prefer the 95. I don't think I'll hang on to this one.

Razor: RazoRock Lupo DLC
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 2B
Soap: P&B Iceni
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: P&B Iceni
ASB: P&B Iceni

IMG_20210313_193910.jpg

Wow - just wow! This is the shave I had hoped the .72 would give me. The Lupo DLC faced 2.5 days of growth but took it down with total ease. Complete comfort during the shave. The razor didn't skip on my neck and I felt no drag from the DLC coating. I went for three passes - something I was reluctant to do with the .72 and I'm left with a DFS+ finish. Zero feedback from the splash. I can tell this razor is my type of thing after the first shave. The bishop-style handle works well with the head. It feels nicely balanced in the hand and is nimble to use. Really looking forward to the next shave with it.

Just an opinion, but perhaps the P&B soap (which is superbly slick) and the Platinum may have tipped the scales a tad. To be sure, use this combo with another (lesser quality?) soap. :whistle:
Good shout. I was going to try the new Oaken next but I might test the DLC with XXX Fresco or The Dead Sea instead. I think both of those soaps are great but not quite as slick as P&B.

The .72 had some excellent soaps to work with as well though: B&M, MdC and OSP.

@Bogeyman - pick one for me: XXX Fresco or The Dead Sea?

Back
Top Bottom