Razor: RazoRock Lupo .95
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Yaqi 2B
Soap: Zingari Man The Socialite
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20210304_181950.jpg

This soap has quite the cooling kick - I wasn't expecting to be as cold as it is. This is going to be an excellent one for summer.

This razor seems less efficient than the Gamechanger .84. It doesn't feel fearsome despite the blade gap and it's very manoeuvrable. As it currently stands, I'm not sure if it's one I'd regularly reach for.

Last edited:
I know you couldn't resist using the new soap, but as I am sure you well know when testing new gear don't change anything else in order to be objective. Not trying to be a smart azz, just that as a confirmed affiliate of the illustrious Emporium we have an obligation to the clientele. Just sayin'....:whistle: ;)

I know you couldn't resist using the new soap, but as I am sure you well know when testing new gear don't change anything else in order to be objective. Not trying to be a smart azz, just that as a confirmed affiliate of the illustrious Emporium we have an obligation to the clientele. Just sayin'....:whistle: ;)
Noted! I will defend my endeavour by saying I'm mildly familiar with the base though :ROFLMAO:

As a man that respects the opinion of his adoring public (and clientele), I will use a stalwart of the den for the next shave.

Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Soap: OSP No.8
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: OSP No.8
ASB: CK Eternity
Scent: CK Eternity

IMG_20210306_103238.jpg

Incredible lather from the OSP today. I left the ensuite smelling like a sexual breeze. The No. 8 will become a firm favourite.

A better shave with the .95 today. I'm still convinced the Gamechanger has more blade feel but this razor is growing on me. It performs very well on the first pass, taking a lot of stubble down. It seems to be my neck where I find that it struggles - it drags a little bit here. I'll keep it. I think it will shine with a sharper blade. The HD handle works well with this head for me.

I'll be moving on to the next Lupo now, continuing with the Gillette Platinum.

Razor: RazoRock Lupo .72
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Soap: B&M Le Grand Chypre
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase
ASB: None

IMG_20210307_155900.jpg

Interesting - this head felt like it had more blade feel than the .95. Before you ask, yes I checked the plates and I've shaved with the correct one.

I took a moment to appreciate the tolerances of it again. It fits together with the blade perfectly and the 'polished' finish looks very good. It's a very good looking razor overall.

Like the .95 it was nimble and handled the upper lip with no problem. I've noticed some stubble left on my jawline which isn't normally a problem area for me. It seemed to lack a bit of the smoothness of the .95 but it is the first shave so let's see how it progresses.

Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Soap: OSP No.8
ASL: OSP No.8
ASB: CK Eternity
Scent: CK Eternity

View attachment 65958

Incredible lather from the OSP today. I left the ensuite smelling like a sexual breeze. The No. 8 will become a firm favourite.

A better shave with the .95 today. I'm still convinced the Gamechanger has more blade feel but this razor is growing on me. It performs very well on the first pass, taking a lot of stubble down. It seems to be my neck where I find that it struggles - it drags a little bit here. I'll keep it. I think it will shine with a sharper blade. The HD handle works well with this head for me.

I'll be moving on to the next Lupo now, continuing with the Gillette Platinum.
A sexual breeze???
Please elaborate.

Paul.

@Blademonkey , @Boycie83 's even got his own post-shave exit music, Paul ;)
@Blademonkey - I think Jester's post tells you everything you need to know

posing james franco GIF by A24

Back
Top Bottom