Lather Shots

Not a lather shot but a side-by-side of the two flat top knots I mentioned - and I couldn't resist including a medium Jaguar brush, which isn't a flat top but brings a new meaning to the definition of scale. The Jaguar cost a grand total of £6.25 including post in 2014 (I bought a lot that year). Some debated whether it was horse. Mine is definitely a boar.
Anyway, left to right: 24mm AP Shave Co. boar, 22mm Virginia Sheng finest badger, unknown knot size Jaguar.
The badger steals it on flat tops (No, it's not a great pic; I'm not Cecil Beaton).

Last edited:
Soap Smoking Monster Year of Tiger
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
This soap has a light pleasant scent but the best is the lather...really rich, creamy, and slick...vegan base.

Soap Stirling Glacial Peach
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
This is the only 1 among various Stirling Soaps I owned, the scent was a letdown...hahaha. The lather however is perfectly creamy and slick with an icy sensation!

Soap Shannon's Soap Silk Pajamas
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
This soap scent for me just smells like a nice tobacco/cigar aroma. The lather is creamy and slick enough...

Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Very nice lather qualities from the soap. Good scent, cooling sensation, and a super-rich, creamy slick lather...

Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar, the (undeclared) loft of which I estimate at around 50mm. Recently acquired and breaking in. I thought, initially, it was going to be a serial shedder but it's settled down after 3 or so lathers. It looks like it will be a nice brush. The handle, to my eyes, is similar to an early Plisson.
Cream: XPEC (sadly discontinued). I absolutely love the scent of this and it performs superbly. The Yaqi, like many of my boars, doesn't seem to be a fan of creams but, although the lather in the pic looks sparse, there's plenty in the knot for 3 passes.

Soap Stirling Varen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Wow...this soap is just awesome! The creamy and very slick lather...but the best is the scent...whoaaa...hahaha!