Lather Shots

Soap Smoking Monster Year of Tiger New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
This soap is almost unscented or very mildly pleasant scented. The lather was however nicely thick creamy and slick...
20220210_130245.jpg

Soap Barrister & Mann Full Measure of Man
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar New 1st Use!
Excellent soap! Good scent strength, rich creamy and slick lather...
New beautiful Brush...wow, scritchy for face lathering but yet soft for painting...
20220211_132436.jpg

Brush: Zenith Euro X (unbleached boar). Although I've had this for quite some time, the number of brushes I have means that it hasn't had much airtime, so it's probably (even now) still breaking in. Currently requires a good soak but performs nicely.
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Black Dolomiti. Possibly a limited edition but certainly (currently) no longer available. I'm not too taken with the scent and, although it's very slick, I'm ambivalent about the face feel - I find that I need to rinse repeatedly to get the soap off at the end of the shave.

AC0D881F-1198-4856-BC37-04E5A267C61A.jpeg

Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
A perfect soap for Monday morning. Nice aromatic scent couple with a good lather generated by the superb brush!
20220214_071902.jpg

Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Very nice lather qualities from the soap! Very creamy and slick plus a mild pleasant scent...wonderfully whip-up by the lovely brush...
20220215_073535.jpg

Brush: Omega 10066 boar. A nice little brush with backbone, that gets the job done without fuss.
Soap: Floris ('The Gentleman') Elite. Described as 'woody and green' it has a pleasant scent. Although it's triple milled, it's not as hard as some of my other soaps e.g. D R Harris Windsor and a boar will have a good chew at it with just a few swirls. Decent lather, slickness and post-shave feel - has aloe vera and shea butter.

DB8352EC-F0B7-427E-A4E9-E94B3A117AD5.jpeg

Brush: Omega 10066 boar. A nice little brush with backbone, that gets the job done without fuss.
Soap: Floris ('The Gentleman') Elite. Described as 'woody and green' it has a pleasant scent. Although it's triple milled, it's not as hard as some of my other soaps e.g. D R Harris Windsor and a boar will have a good chew at it with just a few swirls. Decent lather, slickness and post-shave feel - has aloe vera and shea butter.

View attachment 84439

That's the brush I use the most at the moment as I am going through my stock of hard soaps, I also have a very soft badger brush bought years ago when I first started de shaving for use with creams.

Back
Top Bottom