Lather Shots

Brush: Virginia Sheng, 22mm, flat-top, finest badger knot, set in a Golden Nib handle. Dates back to 2014. Although I like backbone, this is a pillow-soft, face-smothering knot, which (although I've never had one) I like to imagine is akin to a Kent BK model. When I get the time, I'll do a side-by-side with a 24mm flat-top boar to compare the density and bloom.
Soap: Denton Majik KRS - a Kouros clone. The scent is nearly there. The maker recommends scooping the soap, then bowl lathering but that doesn't work for me - I loaded from the tub. To me, it's a fussy, thirsty soap - lather and slickness both fair.

92F5AE7F-7D8E-41BA-BF82-3808EE8CFEB3.jpeg

Gears that started it all...
Cream
Omega Eucalyptus
Brush Omega Boar
When I started DE shaving back in mid-2019. I didn't realize need soap/cream lather...I used the canned foam, resulting in nicks and irritations. Undaunted, got my 1st brush & cream...it was displayed together so took both. Wow...my first lather and the shave were perfect! Of course I dunno anything about alum or aftershaves back then...hahaha
Today, recreate the same and it was excellent! Love this cream...cheap but nicely scented, creamy, and very slick.
20220223_072155.jpg

Brush: A recent AP Shave Co 'scratch and dent' handle, which I knotted with a 24mm flat top boar knot they were clearing due to a perceived problem with shedding. Mine isn't a shedder, although I do find the density a tad poor - this is the one I'll compare bloom and density of in a side-by-side with my previously pictured flat top badger (assuming I find the time). The sparsity of the knot reminds me of the boar brushes I bought in the 80s - nice enough but nothing special.
Soap: Deal Maker - made for Peter Charkalis' Shaving Shop (Charky is also the mastermind behind Ariana & Evans). This is a Dior Fahrenheit clone, which is absolutely spot on, scent wise, and another of my favourites in terms of latherability and performance. I think I know who the maker was but it looks to be unavailable. It is sublime.

338808AA-3402-4E95-BE41-3FDB58C9D3E6.jpeg

Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
An awesome soap! The intoxicating scent, cooling sensation with thick creamy and slick lather...love it !!
20220302_104613.jpg

Soap Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
New soap...and it was very nice! The lather is thick, creamy with good enough slickness from just a little and the scent is really good, like some expensive perfume...so says my wife!
20220303_071643.jpg

Soap Cukur May Chang & Basil
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
This is a very nice locally made soap. I just love the beautiful natural herby scent. The lather was very creamy and slick too...
20220304_072925.jpg

Back
Top Bottom