I've got a new machine, now with pic ...

Might be worth checking to see if the boiler/HX is well insulated if you are going to leave it on, I'm on the look out for the right insulation for mine.

antdad said:
Might be worth checking to see if the boiler/HX is well insulated if you are going to leave it on, I'm on the look out for the right insulation for mine.

Good point, have to check it up... Cheers!

Is it normal for these high-end machines to take ages to heat up? Seems strange to me. I know I haven't go a 'serious' machine but I'd rather wait a minute than close to an hour before my drink is ready, even if it means a not-quite-perfect brew.

It's the commercial machines that takes time, they're very heavy and well built and you want them to have everything "even" warm (that way you can pull shot after shot after shot, with the same results - you can't really do that with other machines).

I think what is being said is for all the machine to warm up takes about 90 mins, the water would be warm in minutes but the portafilter and internall pipes and all that would still be room temp so would cool the the water down as it came down to the coffee, giving a lower than ideal brewing temp, even with my pityful gaggia :icon_cry2: (compared to Mikaels new machine) I give it at least 20 mins to warm up, and if I am home at weekends I will just leave it on as will get used every hour or two anyway.

It is a lovely machine Mikael and the shots look great

pedro083 said:
I think what is being said is for all the machine to warm up takes about 90 mins, the water would be warm in minutes but the portafilter and internall pipes and all that would still be room temp so would cool the the water down as it came down to the coffee, giving a lower than ideal brewing temp, even with my pityful gaggia :icon_cry2: (compared to Mikaels new machine) I give it at least 20 mins to warm up, and if I am home at weekends I will just leave it on as will get used every hour or two anyway.

It is a lovely machine Mikael and the shots look great

+ 1 - Cheers, you said it much better!! :)

As well as what's been mentioned what commercial machines do better anything else is steam and that's where size really makes a difference and like any steam engine it takes time to get up to pressure.

Cracking shots Mikael, assuming you are using the same coffee do you notice much difference?

Cheers Anthony, long time no see. It would be my great pleasure to have you come by for a coffee (even though a long trip, you're always welcome in my house, for coffee or/and dinner).

Here's a little something you can look at, until you pop by:
007800x577.jpg

013800x505.jpg

Mikael said:
Cheers Anthony, long time no see.

Thank you Mikael - now that I have my cable problems sorted I hope to post a lot more.
I nearly bought my own machine over the holiday - Argos or Curries were knocking them out for £89 but I managed to resist.
Oh God Why?

Hey, congrats on the new infernal device, Mikael,

Yeah, I'm not gonna read the whole thread but it sounds like you found a nice machine for a good price. Even though I'm still immune to this whole coffee enthusiast thingy, I'm still glad you found an even more wonderful toy than before.

Of course I was gonna take back the Mr Coffee machine I bought Slimbo for Channukah. Yeah, I could see how the poor innocent guy was just kinda absorbed by a few enablers....the Mongoose now speaks fluent Italian and has a 'healthy' thing for Marcello Maestroani.

Please don't hate me because of envy, but here's the limited edition Mr Coffee Deluxe espresso and hot soup maker. Yep, I use it often and it works well most of the time. Problems can occur when using a creamed soup base (cream of mushroom isn't a good candidate I found out).

Ok, that'll take care of my posting in any goof...in your assorted coffee threads (19 by my last count),

Dodgy

Attachments

• mr_coffee_esp_cappuccino_maker_black_ss (Small).jpg
    mr_coffee_esp_cappuccino_maker_black_ss (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 15
Kudos to you Anthony! Hard to resist those evil discounts :)

Dodgystick: My oh my, that's a nice looking machine you got there... I've got a very nice machine I could sell to you, made by a very reputable Italian company, Faema (it's a Faema Family) and I'll be happy to ship to the good ol US. It's made in cast iron, so it holds the heat good (even though postage cost maybe will be a little higher than for sending a straight). I want you to be able to pull both soap and espresso at the same time, so I'm sure we can come to terms, re price - I will help you out on this one!

023516x800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom