I've got a new machine, now with pic ...

I'm going to see a new machine tomorrow, if it's ok, I've hit the jackpot. Used for only two month and it's with a Mazzer grinder as well, for £ 750 :D - it's a Cimbali m21 junior (don't know if a s-model, as below, or the more funky version DT1, but prob the s-model):
cimbali_m21j_s1.jpgcimbali_m21j_s1_xl.jpg

Maybe a new machine ...

After religiously reading your Coffee stores I has decided to unplug my Black and Decker or what ever, trustee coffee maker and go into the realm of the Pure. I have gotten(actually soon to receive) a stove top Vacuum Coffer Maker. A :
Vintage Silex WD8 UW8 Pyrex glass vacuum coffee maker with glass rod filter.
Description and Condition
This is a clean, hand blown glass coffee maker with no chips or damage.

Yes, there's no Expresso maker; so I'll have to up the amount of coffee I use.:)-).

RE: Maybe a new machine ...

Let's see what happens. It's not from a shop though, but from a rest owners home (he owns a rather good and well known Italian rest here in Stockholm and didn't like the look of the machine after he re decorated his home :) )... Good coffee, is always good coffee and you can get it with different machines or ways, this is just something I've been looking for for a couple of months and after selling my old and maybe one of my grinders (if I buy and get lucky :)) I could break even :D

RE: Maybe a new machine ...

Woo hoo! Truly happy today, I need to fix connections and everything, but it was a commercial DT1 (rotation pump etc etc). It needs a good cleaning, they ran it for 2 months on a small cafe, but didn't bother to clean it much, if any. This was a super deal, really. The grinder was a commercial one too, Mazzer Super Jolly automatic. The machine weighs in at 68 lbs and the grinder at 14 kg, sturdy gear, indeed. Wow! :D :D :D :D :D

RE: Strike *Maybe* I've got a new machine ...

Nice one Mikael, you're playing barista with the big boys now. ;)

If it's like mine you can if you need to run a rotary pumped machine off a non pressurised water supply, you just don't get any hot water pressure but group head pressure is fine.

Cheers guys! Starting to get the hang of it and I pulled a couple of rather lovely shots today (well, one).

Tony: yes, I'm running with you know :D I'm very happy, it's such a nice machine and even though you have to fiddle a little to get a good shot, it's easier and faster for me, compared to the Silvia. The big downside is the heating up time, it needs 90 minutes.

Here she is *proud and silly smiley*:
005800x518.jpg

Mikael said:
Cheers guys! Starting to get the hang of it and I pulled a couple of rather lovely shots today (well, one).

Tony: yes, I'm running with you know :D I'm very happy, it's such a nice machine and even though you have to fiddle a little to get a good shot, it's easier and faster for me, compared to the Silvia. The big downside is the heating up time, it needs 90 minutes.

Here she is *proud and silly smiley*:
005800x518.jpg

Very nice machine......can almost smell the coffee from here.

Very nice Mikeal, it'll probably take a month or two to work out what settings you like.

Wow 90 minutes, I thought 45 mins was bad enough, could you use a timer switch on it?

antdad said:
Very nice Mikeal, it'll probably take a month or two to work out what settings you like.

Wow 90 minutes, I thought 45 mins was bad enough, could you use a timer switch on it?

Yeah, it takes time, I'm thinking a good timer or maybe leave it on (when it gets warm it stays that way for a _long_ after you turn it off and maybe it doesn't take so much juice to just keep it going...).

Peter: Nerd!?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom