I've got a new machine, now with pic ...

I'm going to see a new machine tomorrow, if it's ok, I've hit the jackpot. Used for only two month and it's with a Mazzer grinder as well, for £ 750 - it's a Cimbali m21 junior (don't know if a s-model, as below, or the more funky version DT1, but prob the s-model):

Maybe a new machine ...

After religiously reading your Coffee stores I has decided to unplug my Black and Decker or what ever, trustee coffee maker and go into the realm of the Pure. I have gotten(actually soon to receive) a stove top Vacuum Coffer Maker. A :
Vintage Silex WD8 UW8 Pyrex glass vacuum coffee maker with glass rod filter.
Description and Condition
This is a clean, hand blown glass coffee maker with no chips or damage.

Yes, there's no Expresso maker; so I'll have to up the amount of coffee I use.-).

RE: Maybe a new machine ...

Let's see what happens. It's not from a shop though, but from a rest owners home (he owns a rather good and well known Italian rest here in Stockholm and didn't like the look of the machine after he re decorated his home )... Good coffee, is always good coffee and you can get it with different machines or ways, this is just something I've been looking for for a couple of months and after selling my old and maybe one of my grinders (if I buy and get lucky ) I could break even

RE: Maybe a new machine ...

Woo hoo! Truly happy today, I need to fix connections and everything, but it was a commercial DT1 (rotation pump etc etc). It needs a good cleaning, they ran it for 2 months on a small cafe, but didn't bother to clean it much, if any. This was a super deal, really. The grinder was a commercial one too, Mazzer Super Jolly automatic. The machine weighs in at 68 lbs and the grinder at 14 kg, sturdy gear, indeed. Wow!

RE: Strike *Maybe* I've got a new machine ...

Nice one Mikael, you're playing barista with the big boys now.

If it's like mine you can if you need to run a rotary pumped machine off a non pressurised water supply, you just don't get any hot water pressure but group head pressure is fine.

Cheers guys! Starting to get the hang of it and I pulled a couple of rather lovely shots today (well, one).

Tony: yes, I'm running with you know I'm very happy, it's such a nice machine and even though you have to fiddle a little to get a good shot, it's easier and faster for me, compared to the Silvia. The big downside is the heating up time, it needs 90 minutes.

Here she is *proud and silly smiley*:

Very nice machine......can almost smell the coffee from here.

Very nice Mikeal, it'll probably take a month or two to work out what settings you like.

Wow 90 minutes, I thought 45 mins was bad enough, could you use a timer switch on it?

antdad said:
Very nice Mikeal, it'll probably take a month or two to work out what settings you like.

Wow 90 minutes, I thought 45 mins was bad enough, could you use a timer switch on it?

Yeah, it takes time, I'm thinking a good timer or maybe leave it on (when it gets warm it stays that way for a _long_ after you turn it off and maybe it doesn't take so much juice to just keep it going...).

Peter: Nerd!?