I've been banned from B&B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been banned as well . And I just changed my avatar yesterday evening as well .
the reason "you've made your choice" . :lol: :lol:

I don't/did'nt use the same screen name on both forums .

Damian Murphy said:
Sunbury , I'm sorry but it may have been my fault. I used 'fido in disguise' you posted as my avatar.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: don't tell me they saw through the "cunning disguise" !!!

that's pretty p**s poor though to be banned, and not give a reason, is it beacause they can't give a valid reason, thing is, how easy is it to bypass thiss rubbish, just use one of the countless proxy servers i.p's available or anonymous browsing portal sites that allow POST and interactive surfing, a free yahoo/hotmail/googlemail mail address and voila !

i have just reregistered round at my mum and dads (different ip address) and sent the mods a message asking why i have been banned

it does bother me because i have done nothing wrong apart from give my point of view, never slagged the site off, never slagged off any members etc etc, only thing they could take offence to is that i posted on here that i felt that sometimes it's run more as a business than a forum.

oh well..........very petty, but i will try not to stay upset for too long !! ;)

No real loss though Rev, the increase in so called complaints to the Mods is/or has probably been outweighed by questions that they would rather not have to answer. Considering that the thread was hit on quite early by a Mod trying to dirty the water and who was pretty quickly shot down by long standing members with high post counts.

With the increased traffic we have probably received passing through generated by the NFBB venture, it has opened up the other side to many of the underhand dealings that have before not been accessible over there.

Shame, as there are some really knowledgeable people on there who are very constructive in advice and Know how. The shame being many of them ducked out of being Mods.

LOL, so have I!

Ah well I wasn't yesterday! 1st time I've been banned from a forum, at least that breaks the duck!

I'll just sign up again but maybe next time I won't behave myself!! I can guarantee that my Kung Fu is better than their Kung Fu, that and a working knowledge of the admin side of vBulletin forums :) They'll never know who I am!

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Does the above look familiar :eek:

You know a society (or in this case a community) is in trouble if it cannot withstand satire at it's own expense - Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, China & Capello's England. Quite pathetic really.

So have they reinsigated the US policy of isolationism or just gone through this sites membership list and blanket banned everyone here?

Well, as they are watching, might as well say hello. Hello Cock* :twisted:

*Cock is a Lancastrian term of endearment: see Coronation Street 60s 70s 80s - then again, it also means that the recipient of the sentiment is suspected by the originator of the sentiment, of being a total penis.

My thought is if they are being such dicks why bother to rejoin? after all its not the only site and if you want to buy things you can get from people on here, So let them keep there site and run it how they please

Hey, I never was a member ................. so I can't get banned ! How kool is that ! And I'm still wondering why guys whose posts I like seem to be incurring blanket banning orders.

HeyHo, least TSR seems to be fulfilling the functions I imagine the originators had in mind when they took the trouble to set it up. Still just seems so bizarre to set up a forum for different folks to contribute to then shut 'em down for no given reason.

JohnnyO :geek:

Having effectively been accused of shilling, I was interested to see that the reason for being banned as Dr Jekyll and Doddery was cited as "New Forest spam"

Now at least they haven't been so ill advised formally to cite shilling as a reason for a ban. If they have any legal knowldege they would realise what the implications of that would be.

But "spam"?

This is a definition of spam:

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

So there you have it. My indiscriminatlely sent messages just found their way directly to B&B purchasers of my brush. How amazing!

At least Dr J and D were given a reason. Fido was given no reason for his ban.

Out of curiousity I did a little research and came across this. It does rather set present events in context:

http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/razors/32088-warning-about-razor-discussions-badger-blade.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom