Is This English?

Dreich - common Scot's vernacular - meaning a drizzly, dark day in - typically, winter - interestingly the Dutch and Germans use the same word - albeit pronounced slightly differently.

Footer - to fanny about - to prevaricate.
Fanckle - something twisted or complex.
Skelp - to smack.
Am'urnae - I am not.
Did ye - aye, right? - looks like a positive comment but isn't.
Messages - groceries.
Dinger - used for a very angry person - he did his dinger.

Bye fur the noo. I

I have heard of most of these sayings and here in Australia quite a few of them are still used unceremoniously in everyday talk.

This brings back some memories. Sadly, my Scottish accent and vocabulary is long gone. I do remember using "get oot the road" as a nipper, for "get out the way" and calling street drains, IIRC, "syvers" a word I have never heard since. I also do love the word "squishing"

Some more - without definitions this time. See how much comes back to you? In a lot of cases - Scot's vernacular words aren't that far from onomatopoeia - the answer might well suggest itself.

glaikit

snider

tumshy

skinny-ma'links

Ruby

the clennie

to be the talk of - the steamie

hairy

black affronted

stoashis

maroculous

Yours - aye - I.

Funny, I always thought you were Italian with that screen moniker.

I spent some time working in an office in Glasgow and initially, i was able to translate about one word in three with some of the native folk who worked there.

I quickly learnt that "ets awee an gen sum fud" meant "shall we go for lunch, chaps ?"

Its made worse by the fact that many Glaswegians seem to talk quickly.

We once had a Colombian student on exchange stay with us who wanted to improve her English. I can't think of a worse place to come to learn English. With me being Scottish as well, she must have thought she got on the wrong plane!
I don't know, if you can live in Scotland and understand people I reckon you could understand English being spoken pretty much anywhere else.