Internet identity - a discusssion

sonny said:
Lovely dogs. Is that lassie?

My fiance is scared of dogs and I regularly tease her that we will get one when she moves in. And, I will train him to scare her when she doesn't listen to me. haha. Now, whenever we're in public and a dog owner and their dog is coming past us, I always make my fiance walk near it to see the frightened look on her face. lol. I'm not really mean but the look on her face is very funny.

Problem is - and she doesn't know it - i'm a little scared of them. They way their mouths stay open. The way you don't know what they're thinking. So, what's the best way to go up to a dog and give him a friendly pat whilst looking as natural as possible? Looking like you've done it a 1000 times before? Or is it not good dog etiquette to go round randomly petting stranger's dogs?

Yes it is a lssie, I have two of them, saves on heating bills and they always manage to get me home from the pub.

Most dogs are friendly, always ask the owner if they are friendly, then let the dog sniff your hand if its happy it wont back off and you can give it a pat. But never underestimate a seemingly happy dog. I have had people do the following:

1, Stick there hand in the dogs mouth.
2, Grab them round the neck.
3, hold there snout and mouth
4 Put there hand straight under there neck so the dog cant see where they are being stroked.

The list goes on, luckily for the people who have done this to my dogs, they are to layed back to do anything, but all of those things are big no-nos you will just scare the dog and get bit.

No back on topic:
Ermm anonymity can be good on the web, i acquired a stalker back in 2001 and still have them follwing me round the web now. been some very scary occasions..

Interesting Joe, I would never say a dog doesn't bite, its a dog it has free will, it could decide to bite at any time.

Lovely dogs. And thank you guys for clearing that up. As to giving them your hand to sniff, I'm not sure if i'm brave enough to do that but it makes sense.
In relation to internet identity and discussion - this is the kind of thing you can 'get away with' on the internet; asking, what appears to be stupid questions about dogs that you'd feel a bit awkward to ask in person in case you come across as a dumb a$$.

sonny said:
Lovely dogs. And thank you guys for clearing that up. As to giving them your hand to sniff, I'm not sure if i'm brave enough to do that but it makes sense...

:lol: I should think so too. Dog owners round here don't seem to bother scooping the poop. It really makes me want to go take a big fat dump on their doorstep. That'll learn 'em.

Naked Ape said:
Dog owners round here don't seem to bother scooping the poop. It really makes me want to go take a big fat dump on their doorstep. That'll learn 'em.

There's a minority that do that around here - one made the error of complaining to me that they were being persecuted by the dog warden and that "someone had left dog turds on their lawn and isn't it disgusting?" The jaw dropped when I said "Well, as a dog owner, I'm all for the turd being returned to it's owner for proper disposal, but that one wasn't me because I'd have put it through your letterbox or open living room window"

hunnymonster said:
Helpful when you know the local "turd patrol" man too - and he goes by the byname of "Phil the Bastard" :lol:

If I lived near him I'd be shitting myself. Ah, actually perhaps not the best thing to do when he's around! :eek:

Internet identity to ID cards to Belgian lorry driver lookalikes to lassie to turd patrols to PC shitting himself.Only on TSR :lol:

Now what was the question?

Back
Top Bottom