Inflation Fighters

Food where I live has gone up in cost......a lot......with no end in sight. So, I bought a huge bag of rice and canned potatoes to blunt the costs as I actually like both & they go with anything. Never understood the revulsion many have for canned/tinned potatoes.

Regardless, post-pandemic inflation ain't goin' away.

Yeah, I'm in agreement about noticing inflation.

My local supermarket is a Lidl, literally 3 blocks from my house, which is one of the cheapest supermarkets to buy food but I've noticed a lot of prices have gone up 5p, which isn't a huge price increase individually but it seems most prices have risen.

But these are small fry in comparison to rent/property prices going through the roof.

Prices are going up for many things. Sadly a lot of businesses are taking advantage of the “changing situation” we have gone through. Labels for my soap boxes previously cost me about £150 for 6000 they now want £207. They justified the increase by saying I hadn’t had a price ride for some time. My answer was …. Unprintable…. Sadly I’m now doing business somewhere else which is a shame as I prefer to buy from local businesses. We all know that COVID has created problems and shortages but it doesn’t account for the extent of increase we are currently experiencing and will experience in the future.

Prices are going up for many things. Sadly a lot of businesses are taking advantage of the “changing situation” we have gone through. Labels for my soap boxes previously cost me about £150 for 6000 they now want £207. They justified the increase by saying I hadn’t had a price ride for some time. My answer was …. Unprintable…. Sadly I’m now doing business somewhere else which is a shame as I prefer to buy from local businesses. We all know that COVID has created problems and shortages but it doesn’t account for the extent of increase we are currently experiencing and will experience in the future.
Thank you so much for the 2.5p you sent me recently (y)

... it's now worth 3.45p :ROFLMAO:

Food where I live has gone up in cost......a lot......with no end in sight. So, I bought a huge bag of rice and canned potatoes to blunt the costs as I actually like both & they go with anything. Never understood the revulsion many have for canned/tinned potatoes.

Regardless, post-pandemic inflation ain't goin' away.
Surely Canned potatoes are more expensive than a bag of potatoes ?

Because i work abroad most of my life i can’t stand eating in hotels so in 2018 i bought a slow cooker.
Best thing iv ever bought even at home.
i buy veg in bulk ish size
Then i go to my butchers and get
Mince, Stew, Chicken, Lamb whatever i want really and i make stews, curry’s from scratch, Casseroles & good old mince & potatoes.
Then i freeze the lot in portion size freezer bags.
Apart from saving money i have very little waste money f any.
Also if my wife can’t be bothered cooking if i’m abroad she’s got a fresh ready made meal in the freezer.
Jackpot totally worth it and ultimately saves on the pennies

Back
Top Bottom