Inflation Fighters

I have contemplated a rice cooker for years as I eat quite a lot of rice . I use the twice the depth of water to rice, 9-10 mins boil then switch off and cover for 5-7 mins. Works the majority of the time but would like a fill and forget method. Is a rice cooker like that ?
If so any recommendations on brand to get. Thanks.
I have a Sistema (microwave) rice cooker, works great

Brilliant, the other link looked like a random selected way to cook rice, thank you. (y)

I'm second generation Indian, I've seen lots of friends and family use rice cookers, no one is really ever bothered about a brand of rice cooker, most people I've seen buy the cheapest one or one which is on special offer. I'd say more people are bothered about what kind of grain of rice they use, but this is a very personal choice.

Got a rice cooker today, cheapest I could find.
First try I thought fuck this if I still have to check if it's needing more water or switch it to keep warm I might as well go back to a pot.
The rice turned out great though.
So I have just tried it again, (to decide if it is going back or not) same amount of rice and water.
And left it the fuck alone, no looking at it, testing if rice is cooked or adding water.
Result (y) it cooked rice, switched to keep warm and the rice is great.
I should have just left well alone to begin with. :LOL:

Got a rice cooker today, cheapest I could find.
First try I thought fuck this if I still have to check if it's needing more water or switch it to keep warm I might as well go back to a pot.
The rice turned out great though.
So I have just tried it again, (to decide if it is going back or not) same amount of rice and water.
And left it the fuck alone, no looking at it, testing if rice is cooked or adding water.
Result (y) it cooked rice, switched to keep warm and the rice is great.
I should have just left well alone to begin with. :LOL:
I believe that's called operator error;)

I'm a bit "spatially challenged" in my little kitchen so I normally do 2:1 cold water to rice and keep the lid on the saucepan. Works fairly well but my mother has had one of those rice cookers for years and it never fails, if I had the space I'd defo get one. Fire and forget.
I was the same, twice the depth of water to rice. Now I will be fling it in and bugger it it will be fine.
Or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom