Good luck with the new venture. It's good to see a DE razor maker in the UK, although I no longer use this type of razor very often. If you ever develop an AC-type razor, however, I would be delighted to act as a product tester.
Hi Sconehead,

Thanks that is appreciated!

We do have a few other razors in the pipeline but we did think of developing an AC type razor. If we see enough demand we would definitely develop one.

Regards

Jonathan

@Reggie’s Razors
Congrats. Nicely curved head design.
What is the exposure of the .60 gap?

I feel that having this spec too (and a picture with blade loaded) on product page can help.
Maybe also pics of the three parts alone, showing up- and downside.
Speaking of ... tha handle goes in the head (Blackland or Tatara style)?
Hi Ischiapp,

I will add further details to the spec and add some further information on the razor. Thanks for your input.

The exposure is around 0.3mm so still on the mild side but maybe leaning towards the medium feel.

The handle is standard M5 so should suit most safety razors and yes as @slapo mentioned the head does have a slight recess to match the handle for a cleaner look but you should get away with other handles.

Cheers

Jonathan

I received my Mars. It looked identical to the Weidi I have. Same design handle, same design of blade tabs enclosure.
When I took the razors apart they were different inside. The Weidi is so mild as to be almost ineffective. The Mars is on the mild side, but gives a better shave. The Weidi is the second mildest I own. The mildest is the Mellon - you have to check if there's a blade inside.

IMG-20230713-194441.jpg

The Weidi is on the right, the one with the thicker handle.
The Internal differences can be seen in the next photo.
Again, Weidi on the right.

IMG-20230713-194947-1.jpg

The Mars is alright. I'm not sorry I bought it.

I received my Mars. It looked identical to the Weidi I have. Same design handle, same design of blade tabs enclosure.
When I took the razors apart they were different inside. The Weidi is so mild as to be almost ineffective. The Mars is on the mild side, but gives a better shave. The Weidi is the second mildest I own. The mildest is the Mellon - you have to check if there's a blade inside.

IMG-20230713-194441.jpg

The Weidi is on the right, the one with the thicker handle.
The Internal differences can be seen in the next photo.
Again, Weidi on the right.

IMG-20230713-194947-1.jpg

The Mars is alright. I'm not sorry I bought it.
I've had the Weidi and PIFed it, as I found the range of angles where the blade would cut just impractically narrow for my motor skills.
Probably workable with enough time devoted to it, but I didn't fancy that.

Good to hear the Mars is working out for you, though.

@Ebberman
I think I found the handle on the Weidi to be OK - not great, but quite usable.
How do you find the handle on the Mars?
I had no problem with either of them. They look like they were made on the same machine.
Recently I used a handle which was so slippery that I nicked myself. A rare occurrence though, and not with either of these.

I’ve just tried the Mars that was very kindly provided as part of a PIF by Johnny Bravo (Martin)

I used a new Rapira blade and some Old Spice shaving cream, a new one to me.

The scent was fantastic and very good results from it. As for the razor, a good solid performer, some blade noise / minimal exposure. A mild but efficient razor. I’d suggest a great daily shaver if you shave everyday but highly capable of removing a few days growth.

And at the price point, very good!

Best,

Ben

I’ve just tried the Mars that was very kindly provided as part of a PIF by Johnny Bravo (Martin)
Hi Ben,
I am really pleased you enjoyed the razor, I thought it was a great razor for the price as well.
Just a quick FYI, my name is not Martin (unless I owe you money) but have been called a lot worse especially by the wife lol.

Back
Top Bottom