Henson de razor

D

Deleted member 12673

hello people so I'm thinking about getting the henson de razor, wanted to ask from your lots experience what provides the better shave, the mild or medium?

Bare in mind I'm a head shaver so would be also interested to hear from fellow head shavers too

I have the Medium and it is quite smooth. If you get the mild though the Henson is designed to be adjustable by turning the handle a quarter turn which keeps the blade secure but makes the shave more efficient.

Mine is the Medium, which is an efficient razor with a good blade and the right angle. It is quite a "mild" razor in its own right, and, without trying it, I would think that the Mild Henson might be very mild indeed. Both versions are very well-made, with a 3 3/4"/95mm long handle, which I guess would be an advantage when head-shaving (not something I do, as my barnet seems to be well-able to part company with my head on its own account).

I expect you've looked at the Henson website, but, if not, they have a comprehensive Technical Data section which is interesting reading.

...I expect you've looked at the Henson website, but, if not, they have a comprehensive Technical Data section which is interesting reading.

Yes, but their prices have certainly gone up and that may be what is perhaps hurting them. When it came out there was an intro price of $39.99 if I recall. It is now $69.99 and perhaps many feel that is a lot for an aluminum razor(?). :unsure:

I sold my Henson after a couple of uses. It had drag which annoyed me and lacked soul. Shaved well though.
I didn't have the drag issue, atg is easy due to the head but even the medium is just too mild, maybe I'll give it a go with a feather just to remind myself what I did or didn't like

How did you find it compared to the winning razor?

...and lacked soul...

s1EkDFI.jpg

I sold my Henson after a couple of uses. It had drag which annoyed me and lacked soul. Shaved well though.
I haven't encountered the drag with mine, but I've read about other having a similar issue.

If the "lack of soul" actually means you can shave with it while still tipsy after a night out, I reckon that's good for them - more likely to get some current cart users over to their side.

I use Al13 and recently got a Ti22. I've encountered this drag effect when going over a slick area that has already been cleared of stubble.
It doesn't bother me. The lack of soul is perhaps a lack of aggresive blade feel? It's the closest mild shave I can get. Better than Feather AS D2.
PS - both Hensons are Medium grade

I haven't encountered the drag with mine, but I've read about other having a similar issue.

If the "lack of soul" actually means you can shave with it while still tipsy after a night out, I reckon that's good for them - more likely to get some current cart users over to their side.
I'm a rather idle chap. I like razors that I can throw around my face and get a good+ finish in two passes. They give me a feel good factor. My favourites probably sit in the mid-aggressive territories rather than mild or aggressive. Obviously the term 'soul' is completely subjective but for me it's a razor that operates how I like it, pleasing to the eye and feels good in the hand. I can see why people like the Henson but it was a disappointment for me.

Back
Top Bottom