Ham fisted haircut

Aye, Mrs. Cheese cannot handle the "thug" thing. It's not about being a thug, I just want it short because I want minimal fannying on with my hair every day. When I was younger I'd gel it and comb it back. What a faff. I can't remember last time I owned a comb.

Yes yes and yes. The only reason I shaved my head for so many years was that basically the ONLY thing you ever had to so with it was shave it (in my case once a fortnight). My SO doesn't seem to understand this.

My hair grows in more funny directions than my facial hair and it is poker straight in some places and has thr "devils curls" in other places. So to me, shaving it is the perfect solution.

Women just do not understand this. The worst part is when my hair really starts to grow in and look stupid my other half always says "You should leave it.............. I think you look cute"

Yes, she thinks I look cute. Everyone else, Including myself, thinks I look like a daft prick who needs a haircut.

When mine gets to the point you can get a hold of it between your fingernails, it's time for a cut :D

I've lost enough area of hair that I look more like a member of a religious order than anything else if I let it grow - SWMBO doesn't want to be seen with an ill-tonsured person, so is happy to see it go (and also gets more access time to the bathroom because I'm not fannying about with my hair).

Meanwhile I still use shampoo on the suede, those 100ml travel bottles last me ages :mrgreen:

I have long-ish hair(be long compared to some on here) and i dont brush it, doesn't take me long to wash and in the summer i just leave it to dry itself after washing.
In the winter i use a hair dryer. This is jolly nice. It warms me up in the morning!

No.2 clippers all over, saves on shampoo even though Tesco Value only costs 26p a litre and no drying time, but the main reason is that when I'm doing martial arts, if my hair has any length to it gets like a sponge full of sweat that then runs down into my eyes, not great when you are sparring etc.

The barber that I used to go to 30 years ago is still cutting people's hair. "Jungle Jim" is his nickname and always has been.

It doesn't matter what you go in and ask for, the first thing he does is turn on the clippers.

"I want something a bit like Elvis"
buzz, buzz, buzz number 3

"I'd like to look like Morrisey in his early Smiths days"
buzz, buzz, buzz number 4

"I'd like to look like Eddie Grant in Electric Avenue"
buzz, buzz, buzz number 5

I take my lad in now.

The other week the missus asked me to take my lad for a haircut - she said: "tell him you want a 2 on one side layered up, like a David Beckham half-mohican, longer on the other side going into a point at the back but slightly to the left"

I walked in and said "Y'rate Jim? Number 2 all over, cheers".

I like to keep some hair to keep my head warm in the winter because I look like a dobber with ANY hat, honestly there has not been a hat invented that looks even half decent on me. My missus is a costume designer and when we met I moaned about a cold head in the winter and said, "I will find you a hat".

15 years later she has still to complete that task, so its a 3 on back and sides and cut on top.

Vinny's Jungle Jim post reminded me of an advert that was on a few years ago. where a chap walks into a Barbers and says:

"I'd like Lionel Blair haircut please"

Next things you see is a manic-faced barber firing up the clippers, and shaving the poor blokes head with a No3.

The customer complains: "Lionel Blair doesn't have his hair cut like this!!!"

and the barber replies, menacingly: "He does when he comes 'ere!"

There's then a bit of blurb about whatever product was being advertised (i can't recall what that was) and the next shot shows the customer bumping into Lionel Blair in the street with an identical haircut.

Ian

I've got too much time on my hands today. Been out and did all I needed to do in the morning, day off work and SWMBO is off work sick in front of the telly.

This is what I look like if I grow my hair..............and yes it is me........ :D :D :D

And I think my parents have a lot to answer for....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Attachments

• Baby me 2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 39
So it seems we've established that most of us, except 1gear and his flowing locks, have fairly short hair.

It begs the question, which hairs are you straight razor fiends using to apply the hanging hair test? I know which ones I use... :shock:

Back
Top Bottom