Ham fisted haircut

I've got an old fashioned view regarding men's haircuts. They should be short and neat - that's all I'm looking for when I go to the barbers.

I went to my usual barbers today which gives "acceptable" haircuts hence my repeat custom. I sat down and the girl asked what I was in for.

"3 on top, 2 on the sides please"

"Are you in a hurry?" she asked

"Umm..... no more than usual." I replied

"Would you mind if Dave over there cut your hair? He's on work experience."

My jaw dropped and I desperately tried to think of a polite way to say no.

Before I could reply she interjected "Don't worry, I'll be supervising so there's nothing that can go wrong. Over you come Dave"

At this point I feebly muttered "As long as I don't end up bald".

I spent the whole haircut staring at the floor not daring to look at what was going on. When they finished they charged me full price.

When I got home I inspected the job. It was no worse than what I get from the guy round the corner, but I think he was trained as a fisherman and has "re-skilled" due to the decline of the trade. This is why I don't go to him ;)

It had tufty bits and one spot where the clippers had clearly got away from him. There is a tiny bald patch on the left side of my head, although not really big enough to be particularly noticeable. I can truthfully say it is one of the worst haircuts I have ever had, and definitely the worst I have had from that barbers.

I know I should have just said no, but truthfully I was rather taken aback. I'm a bit put off from going back if they are going to spring things like that on me.

Fortunately no one looks that closely at my head in my line of work so I doubt anyone will notice :lol:

And before anyone says, yes I am a silly bugger :D

This sort of thing happen to anyone else?

PS - Teenage "Dave" had a body odour problem. :eek:

Wook said:
This sort of thing happen to anyone else?

PS - Teenage "Dave" had a body odour problem. :eek:

He was probably sweating owing to the looks you were giving him via the mirror - :evil:

For the last, umm, 12 years or so I've cut my own hair. No2 all over, with a bit of cheking/tidying up by Mrs.M.

Back in my late teens/early twenties, I had a massive crush on a hairdresser, and used to go for haircuts more times than is healthy. Despite my efforts, she wasn't interested. Obviously a lesbian.

Ian

I started off with a #2 all over... but it got too long and unruly so I switched to a #1 then realised I was cutting it 3 or 4 times a week to keep it tidy... so I've gone for the suede-effect #0 now, with an occasional "biccing" (which I actually do with the DE).

I too had a crush on a hairdresser in my earlier day, I think it was her heaving chestage that did it (even though I find that heaving chestage actually is disconcerting) - was always referred to as going for a "shoulder polish" :D

A few years a go I had to get a haircut near to work at Heathrow. So I went into a "Hair Salon" (read expensive hairdresser) and asked for my usual No2 on top and No1 on the sides. The girl who tried to cut it after washing it (theres not a lot to wash...... :lol: :lol: ) started to cut my hair with no guard on the clippers and she used them end on instead running the blade against my head. My head started to bleed like a stuck pig, the girl burst into tears and the owner offered to cut my hair himself after which the cheeky bugger tried to charge me £15.00 for the privledge......... :shock: :shock:
All of this on a friday afternoon before a night out with the lads, I looked like I had done 10 rounds with Freddie Krugger........... :lol: .
I didn't rush back there again for some unknown reason......... :lol: :lol:
I now do my own No2 all over or No1 in the summer............. :roll:

In a previous thread about barbers I mentioned how City "Barbers" in Glasgow told me they wouldn't be able to cut my hair one afternoon as their "appointments" were all taken and the waiting line for any no shows was quite big.

I was past there today to notice it is no longer called City Barbers but is now called Rebel Rebel salon. Typical

We have clippers and every couple of weeks Mrs J shears me. The 1st couple of times were a bit iffy but now she is very good.

No waiting in line, no wondering what an appropriate tip might be and I don't have to discuss where I may be going on holiday this year, she already knows.

Jeltz said:
We have clippers and every couple of weeks Mrs J shears me. The 1st couple of times were a bit iffy but now she is very good.

No waiting in line, no wondering what an appropriate tip might be and I don't have to discuss where I may be going on holiday this year, she already knows.

Same here...

The barbers i used to go to was great. If you wanted to sit in silence just listening to the radio then fine. If you want to talk about your holiday, or where he will be going on holiday(he goes all over) then he will talk.
You sit on wooden benches waiting, but you don't often have to wait. He has all the attachments for the shears infront of you on a table and uses each one appropriately.
You pay for £4, he gives you some tissue and your away.
Great service.
My hair is now too long for him so im at some hair dresser thing.
Luckily the women cutting it is alright, the only questions asked was how i wanted it and she did a good job.
The only problem was the annoying kid and the women in there that just wouldn't shut up! :roll:

I had my hair thinned though. But then alot on here wouldnt have to have that done, their hair has either done that or is doing that for them naturally! ;) :lol:

henkverhaar said:
Jeltz said:

Same here...

So Jeltz's wife cuts Henk's hair?

:shock: :?

1gear said:
I had my hair thinned though. But then alot on here wouldnt have to have that done, their hair has either done that or is doing that for them naturally! ;) :lol:

Woohoo! Go me - male pattern baldness at 19! Not only do I save hundreds on shampoo, thousands on hair cuts and have elevated testosterone levels (and all that goes with it :D ) ... but it prevents cancer too :lol:

Rev-O said:
henkverhaar said:
Jeltz said:

Same here...

So Jeltz's wife cuts Henk's hair?

:shock: :?

Wouldn't mind but I never get offered any free soap :p

Back
Top Bottom