Gut 2.2 Palmolive

hunnymonster said:
IanM said:
I think that referring to the "new" formula stick as Gut 2.2 is a little misleading.

I don't think anyone did... only the old formula carry the accreditation of test.de (rightly so - it's changed since the test was performed)

Yes, you're right, but the thread has kind of leaned that way.

Ian

hunnymonster said:
Pete said:
Are these new formula sticks starting to appear in the shops yet? :?

I bought one on Saturday in Lindsay & Gilmour in Moredun Park, Edinburgh.... didn't see any more on my travels though.

Thanks HM. I hope this new formula is as good or it could be the end of an era. :(

On the trek for some old formula sticks, I noticed a bit of a price hike:-

99p in the cheapo shop :shock: (Brut still £1.99 a bottle)
74p in a local chemist
69p in Superdrug (shame on them)
49p in Wilkos

Guess where I bought mine, I got 4 and got change out of £2.00 :D

Can somebody please do a comparison between 'old' and 'new' Palmolives as I need to know if stockpiling is a good idea. I'm going to look in Tesco next time I'm in there and see if the box has changed. If so I'll have a go at comparing them myself. I would in any case like to hear what others have to say on this very important matter.

Just put 2 sticks on the weekly online Tesco shop. No idea which ones they will be but if its new one will give it a try as also have an old one on the go!

I think we need some old/new photos to aid in identification!

I got a couple a few weeks back from Tesco, so I'd be interested to see what ones I've got.

Shitty quality photos... but here they are side by side. (flanked by two Wilkinson Sticks that I'm just flaunting for the hell of it).

Left is old, right is new.

Attachments

• Image_00004.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 35
  • Image_00005.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 33
  • Image_00006.jpg
  • Image_00007.jpg
  • Image_00008.jpg
Same bar-code and everything, very subtle differences. I haven't seem any new ones yet but if I do I will grab one. Even if the new one is cack it is not the end of the world, there are still plenty good soaps out there, OK they are not as cheap but thre are as good if not better.

They are good, I just think they are a little over hyped, give me an Irisch Moss or Tabac stick any day of the week and I will be happy in stick heaven. It won't stop me stockpiling a few anyway, always good trading material with the US guys.

Tesco van arrived with weekly shop and two old style ones, so into the store cupboard away from the wife!
Interested to know if there is any difference in the new one. Won't we all look dumb if it turns out its WAY better and we've been stashing the old stuff away :oops:

From memory, looks like I've got the old one. I may need to stock up from Tesco this weekend just in case they become collectable... ;)

sjedwardz said:
Won't we all look dumb if it turns out its WAY better and we've been stashing the old stuff away :oops:

I suspect that there'll be barely any difference, but enough people will bemoan the disappearence of the old one to convince us that the old one was better.

The likes of Trumper and Penhaligons have reformulated soaps, and the new ones are easily as good as the old ones.

How many wet shavers does it take to change a light bulb?
Four. One to change the bulb, and the other three to talk about how good the old one was.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom