Guilty Secrets

I do like Frosties, but never in a million years would it occur to me to put extra sugar on. I have made my own coco pops with rice crispies and lots of drinking chocolate powder though.

As a kid I used to put powdered milk (dry) on rice crispies instead of sugar before adding normal silvertop milk on top. Kinda weird but I liked it.

Butterscotch Angel Delight, yes! One of those 70s puds that contained only E-numbers but fond memories of it. Mind you I'd always use hillwalking as an excuse for Kendal Mint Cake. But the sugar rebound could get you in trouble without something to back it up. Alpen, the sweet one. That actually tasted a bit like it had milk powder in it.
Alpen has added whey powder and skimmed milk powder.

British Bully Beef, not what Americans call Salt Beef.
I know what corned beef is, and a corned beef brisket, never heard of "salt beef" or "bully beef".

"Salt beef" is apparently an English term.

United Kingdom​

In the UK, "corned beef" refers to minced and canned salt beef. Unminced corned beef is referred to as salt beef.

Corned beef, or salt beef in the Commonwealth, is salt-cured brisket of beef.

Corn beef.

Corned+Beef.jpg

Corned beef hash.

4218549195_757e325d26_b.jpg

Some of my favourites, which SWMBO can’t stand: sauerkraut with carrots, pickled herring (served as Solomon Gundy on cream cheese and crackers), kippers, uni, and pickled onions. I have to sneak these delicacies into the house and store them in the basement fridge.
By the same token - my mate - whose wife is from Osaka - makes her eat kimchi in the back garden. I love Cullen skink - smoked haddock soup - but the whole house smells of it for days. - much like tripe. - I.

Back
Top Bottom