Good value Balms

Boots have added a balm to their 'essentials' range - £1 a tube. Tried it for the first time this morning and it's pretty good - certainly easier to get out of the bottle than the Freshwood balm :)

Off to the Canaries in april so will no doubt come back with a load of La Toja stuff :)

Dandy Highwayman said:
I would like to add The Real Shaving Company moisturising balm which can still be picked up in some branches of Poundland for , would you believe £1. A little goes a very long way.

Also if anyone has the good fortune to go to Spain La Toja balm is superb for about 5 euros and can be found in the big supermarkets along with the shaving cream.

andyjreid said:
Fido said:
Balms.jpg

Fido do you find that the Arber scent is similar to TOBS Mr Taylor Cream?

No!

Looking at this thread through my cheapskate goggles, once my Quiksilver runs out (£3.99 in a sale) and I get fed up with Witch Hazel & E45, I'll be wandering around Asda, Boots and Pound Land. Anywhere else?

I am currently using One Planet post shave balm. This is £1.99 for a 100ml tube from ASDA. It is all natural, no alcohol or parabeem based ingredients. It has all sorts of extracts, seed oils etc, and is made in the UAE. I find it very mild and it has cleared up a flaky skin condition I had when I used the King Of Shaves moisturiser.

Nivea Sensitive ASB is very good, even better since Tesco dropped the price.

I suspect Professor Blighty's balm will be the next on my list.

And Proraso

And ........

I was in Lidl's recently and came across their own brand balm, only £1.99 and in a glass bottle like the Nivea.

It's not bad - doesn't sting, as the Nivea does sometimes, and has the same milky consistency.

This thread interests me a lot because I'm looking for a good product for after the alum block and before the aftershave (splash).

I've used Taylor of Old Bond Street's Mr. Taylor aftershave gel, and I think it's overpriced and nearly useless. It never soothed my skin, and it left a sticky, pasty film on my face that rolled off into balls like glue when I applied the aftershave. Plus it's expensive.

I'm currently using Gillette Fusion after shave gel and, while I have no love for Gillette, this product works well for me. It isn't greasy, it's affordable, and it's effective. It's my benchmark. The problem is it's been hard to find here recently.

The Body Shop products shown in the first post of this thread interest me the most because some of them--but not all--are available here. They would be my first choice. How effective are The Body Shop's balms compared to others like Gillette Fusion, Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream (both their regular and their sensitive skin formulas), Proraso Aftershave Cream, Speick After Shave Balm, Tabac After Shave Galm, Floid Balm? How soothing are they? How greasy?

Back
Top Bottom