Gillette Flare Tip Rocket ID...

Anyone able to ID the Flare Tip Rocket on the left of the picture?

I thought it maybe a "special? / TV special?" but just not sure. I purchased the razor recently, thinking it was the same model as my other well used English Flare Tip Rocket, pictured on the left. The razor was encased in soap crud, but cleaned-up beautifully, revealling different handle knurling. The handle is shinier, so I suspect it maybe Rhodium plated?. The TTO knob has a lovely weighted and damped action to it, where as my other Rocket's TTO knob feels a tad jingly jangly. Both razors have "Brit.Pat 694093" stamped on the inside of the blade tray and "Made in England", the Gillette diamond logo and the "II" marking stamped on the underside of the blade tray. The razor was cased (silver box / purple inside), but nothing like the case on Mr Razor. Any ideas...

IMG_1157.jpegIMG_1156.jpeg

I think this is how they came, but I don't know for sure with the Brit TV Special.

VhK9wys.jpg

@Missoni your razor is the rhodium plated Flare Tip Rocket from #80 Traveller Set. I have one also. Beautiful razors.

View attachment 102681

Thank you, really appreciated...beautiful razor indeed. I was digging around and found the razor referred to as a #80 set on the forum across the pond. Absolutely delighted with the razor; the plating is excellent with no loss that I can see. Having worked my way through, for what must be, about a 100 different razors, I remain smitten with the quality, durability and shaving prowess of the everyman Flare Tip Rocket.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom