Gillette blades and their factory/country origins

So... I've been trying to get my head around various Gillette blades - constantly finding new ones that are offered by them, so thought starting a thread about them might be quite good (especially for newbies like me).

Due to the amount of potential choice, it's kinda hard to get my head around what potentially are differences between them (obviously YMMV - I might end up posting my experiences with them in this thread too) as well as where they come from.

The one's I know/managed to find some information about are:

ST. Petersburg​
India​
Shanghai​
Thailand​
Platinum (old)Gillette Wilkinson SwordGillette Wilkinson SwordSuper Thin Stainless
Platinum (new)Green 7 o'clock Permasharp StainlessSuper Thin PlatinumSuper Thin Platinum
King C Gillette (platinum new)Winner PlatinumSuper Blue Blades
Silver BlueGillette 365Gillette Super Nacet (platinum)
Rubie plusBlack 7 o'clock Super PlatinumGillette Rhino
Perma-SharpLondon Bridge
PermaSharp Super
Green 7 o'clock Super Stainless
Yellow 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Minora Platinum
Minora Stainless Steel
PermaSharp Super
Nacet
Sputnik

Some seem to be more popular than others (especially PPI blades). If you know of any others, do let me know and I'll add them to the list - it's partially for my own use to see what other blades I have on list to experience.

At the moment I only tried the Nacet and Gillette 7o'clock black (only one shave, it's waiting to be used next two times), so looking forward to giving some more a try. Got a pack of rubies, SharpEdge, silver blue, platinum (new), Perma sharp, winner Platinum, wilkinson sword, london bridge and shanghai super thin platinums, so plenty to get started with!

Last edited:
So... I've been trying to get my head around various Gillette blades - constantly finding new ones that are offered by them, so thought starting a thread about them might be quite good (especially for newbies like me).

Due to the amount of potential choice, it's kinda hard to get my head around what potentially are differences between them (obviously YMMV - I might end up posting my experiences with them in this thread too) as well as where they come from.

The one's I know/managed to find some information about are:

ST. Petersburg​
India​
Shanghai​
Thailand​
Platinum (old)Gillette Wilkinson SwordSuper Thin PlatinumSuper Thin Platinum
Platinum (new)Green 7 o'clock Permasharp StainlessSuper Blue Blades
Silver BlueWinner PlatinumGillette Wilkinson Sword
Rubie plusGillette 365Gillette Super Nacet (platinum)
Perma-SharpBlack 7 o'clock Super PlatinumGillette Rhino
PermaSharp SuperLondon Bridge
Green 7 o'clock Super Stainless
Yellow 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Minora Platinum
Minora Stainless Steel
PermaSharp Super
Nacet
Sputnik

Some seem to be more popular than others (especially PPI blades). If you know of any others, do let me know and I'll add them to the list - it's partially for my own use to see what other blades I have on list to experience.

At the moment I only tried the Nacet and Gillette 7o'clock black (only one shave, it's waiting to be used next two times), so looking forward to giving some more a try. Got a pack of rubies, SharpEdge, silver blue, platinum (new), Perma sharp, winner Platinum, wilkinson sword, london bridge and shanghai super thin platinums, so plenty to get started with!
I love it great idea well done

A fine effort, good work.

I've used a good proportion of them, most Russian and Indian ones, just the one MIC one so far but I have a stack of them waiting to be used.

There are ones I like more than others and the ones from Russia might be the best of the bunch for quality but I've found I really enjoying having the multitude of different choices and finding which ones work well with particular razors, eg for some reasons the Indian 7 and Winner Black work like a dream with the Gillette Old Type for my face.

AFAIK there is no factory in Vietnam or Thailand, but I think I read a post here by Connaught Paul who said the factory in Vietnam packs blades made in Shanghai.

Back
Top Bottom