Gillette 7 o'clock yellow

This bloke:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/wcpk2009/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Might be the same seller, he's not got any at the moment but he usually has. He sells little else, I'll ask him when he's getting some more in.

Canuck said:
This bloke:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/wcpk2009/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Might be the same seller, he's not got any at the moment but he usually has. He sells little else, I'll ask him when he's getting some more in.

Yep thats who i got mine off the other week.

I have just got through a box of the yellows from a freebie I got at the Gentlemans Shop in Hungerford I've tried them in all my razors and got very close shaves with them but they didi feel very smooth and comfortable in the Futur but a bit rough in the progress I'm going to get some more.

Seems this is a love or hate blade.

I find the G7 Yellow's may be a bit too harsh for my face, sure - they get a close shave but I'm often feeling sore afterward. Don't know what it is about them, probably my technique.

I switched to a Merkur (can't remember the actual type, it comes in a white plastic dispenser?) and I found that agreed with my face a lot... I've got some Sharks to try next.

Had my first shave with a 'Russian Green' this morning and was hugely impressed.

Unfortunately, Canuck's 'EBay Johnny' only has the yellows in at the moment. I'll wait until he has some greens I think.

Garbe said:
Which is shaper and smoother, greens or fellows?

Fellows? Cross between Yellows and Feathers?

Green against Yellow? I would say Yellow and I don't think it is that close. But bear in mind, smoothness in particular is very much a matter of opinion. I love Yellows.

Greens...

As stated it depends on you. I got pifed a pack of yellows. First three i was ok with one and hated the other tow, so either two duff blades or they don't agree with me. Greens are pretty good for me though.

jon_hall said:
Greens...

As stated it depends on you. I got pifed a pack of yellows. First three i was ok with one and hated the other tow, so either two duff blades or they don't agree with me. Greens are pretty good for me though.
Greens are good for me, too. My mum always said so.
We talking about Super Stainless or Permasharp? Super stainless for me.

Just finished my first Green blade. Have got 3 shaves out of it and I reckon it could stretch to 4.

The difference between it and a Derby are very noticeable for me. A much smoother shave.

If the rest of the pack are this good I can see me ordering a fair few when the EBay bloke gets them on.

Be interesting to see how I get on with the yellows.

Back
Top Bottom