Gillette 7 o'clock yellow

Well after using a feather a few days ago,( leaving my face a little sore the rest of the day, possibly down to poor technique! ) I decided to try the G7 yellow for my next couple of weeks shaving.

Definitely a better shave for me, it's more forgiving with my poor technique in places, which gives me more room for error while working out what best suites my shaving style.

I done 3 pass, wtg and 2 atg. Probably my best shave so far and my face feels fine 30 mins after.

:) yay

I find these to be very good blades as well.

I used them a lot last spring and summer, but then I developed the experimenting bug and started trying to look for that little bit extra and I must admit that I struggled to find it!

Don't give up on the Feathers though. Try them again when you have nailed your technique down and see how you get on then :)

Adam D said:
I find these to be very good blades as well.

I used them a lot last spring and summer, but then I developed the experimenting bug and started trying to look for that little bit extra and I must admit that I struggled to find it!

Don't give up on the Feathers though. Try them again when you have nailed your technique down and see how you get on then :)

Yea I am finding that each shaves produces a new part of my face I have learnt and how to deal with it. Today was my lip, never been so smooth!

Pig Cat said:
Robbo said:
Yea I am finding that each shaves produces a new part of my face I have learnt and how to deal with it. Today was my lip, never been so smooth!

You have hairy lips?! :shock:

Yes, years of cuts and nics made then start to produce hair lol

hunnymonster said:
Pig Cat said:
Robbo said:

You have hairy lips?! :shock:

He's from Hartlepool (according to the 'member map'), so there's probably a simian link ;)

Well that was going to pop up at some point! I normally get it in the welcome pages! Lol

I've just had my 3rd shave out of a G7, kindly passed onto me by 'slick' to sample. 1st shave the edge seemed very keen but went ok, 2nd shave the blade felt perfect, the 3rd again good but maybe not as good as the second, a few more passes required I think. Im going to stick with the G7 for a few more blades, Ive got some of nannys soap coming and want to try some different combinations, just using palmolive cream at the moment. I'll post my findings as and when.

I have found Feathers to be a good match for my DE89L but a bit aggressive for my Slim. G7's I've found to be a very good all-rounder and in the Slim, I get a lovely shave with just two passes. They're my favourite blades at the moment.

I tried some G7's a potential replacement for my Iridiums. I didn't like them, they were nowhere near as smooth. My search continues - I think it'll be the Crystals next

They are good blades.

It's the blade that I use in my Merkur Futur if I haven't DE shaved in a while or have been using the lighter Wilkinson Sword Classic. It's quite forgiving of my poor technique while I adjust to the heavier razor, but still nice and sharp.

Two shaves max per blade for me though.

Back
Top Bottom