Fountain Ink Pen Acquisitions

OP
C
I was really impressed with the packaging of this pen and the overall appearance and quality. Made in Taiwan!
The ink is called "Old Goldgreen" - purchased (50ml bottle) from Germany some years ago.
DSCF4250a.jpg DSCF4251a.jpg DSCF4254a.jpg
Spot the mistake ....

Very nice pen. It has a plunger and you don't have to worry about cartridges. I read a lot of positive reviews about TWSBI pens. Initially they had some problems with cracking, but they are sorted now. I have one sitting in my basket for months now... Since COVID, I don't use personal pens at work anymore (disposable ones) and because of that I haven't bought one yet.
The “C” is missing...

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
@Claus3428

I have the same pen - albeit a slightly older model - and they are great performers for the price - in my opinion. Solid in the hand and well designed - the filling mechanism is one of the best and least messy I have used. I like the clear barrel - not only does it look cool - you won't run out of ink by mistake. The faceted barrel is useful - if you put it down uncapped, it doesn't roll off the table. The nib on mine was a wee bit scritchy at first but smoothed out with use. I hope you enjoy using it - oh - in case you get curious - it's easier to take apart than it is to put it back together. :) - I.

OP
C
@Claus3428

I have the same pen - albeit a slightly older model - and they are great performers for the price - in my opinion. Solid in the hand and well designed - the filling mechanism is one of the best and least messy I have used. I like the clear barrel - not only does it look cool - you won't run out of ink by mistake. The faceted barrel is useful - if you put it down uncapped, it doesn't roll off the table. The nib on mine was a wee bit scritchy at first but smoothed out with use. I hope you enjoy using it - oh - in case you get curious - it's easier to take apart than it is to put it back together. :) - I.
I will leave the mechanics for a while - suppose at some stage need to give it a deep clean if I want to change the ink.
It's got the medium nib which works great on high quality paper. On cheaper paper it feels a bit rough but as you said the nib will smooth out over time.

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
suppose at some stage need to give it a deep clean if I want to change the ink.
The easiest way to clean it - I found - between ink changes - unscrew the nib from the barrel - with the piston fully recessed - and stick them in a mug of water - leave for a bit - change the water - and repeat until there is no ink stain in the water - you might want to screw and unscrew the filling mechanism now and again - as if you were loading ink - put the bits on kitchen roll to dry - and away you go. I.

The easiest way to clean it - I found - between ink changes - unscrew the nib from the barrel - with the piston fully recessed - and stick them in a mug of water - leave for a bit - change the water - and repeat until there is no ink stain in the water - you might want to screw and unscrew the filling mechanism now and again - as if you were loading ink - put the bits on kitchen roll to dry - and away you go. I.
Best to use cold water on old pens with rubber ink sacs

Top Bottom