flat caps

Smell The Glove said:
What's the age demographic for wearing these bunnets on here?

I used to have one when I was in my 20s, and I thought that it quite suited me. Unfortunately no one else did and I stopped wearing it.
Now, in my 40s, I quite fancy the woollen M&S one which is a little fuller in shape.

http://outlet.marksandspencer.com/Pure-Wool-Folda-Flat-T09-1651-S-HFPR/dp/B007XSUTWG?field_availability=-1&field_browse=2090344031&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&id=Pure+Wool+Folda+Flat+T09-1651-S-HFPR&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Csize_name%2Ccolor_map%2Cbrandtextbin%2Cprice&searchNodeID=2090344031&searchPage=1&searchRank=-product_site_launch_date&searchSize=12

I've got one of those M&S ones... it's my foul-weather cap as it has more of an overhang at the front. But... you can't really wear it at a rakish angle, which is half the fun of the things... my usual floppy cap is much better for cutting a dash!

I wore a bunnet to work when I left school at 15 over half a century ago, although it wasn't unusual in those days. That was before I moved onto an imitation leopard skin cap to go with my Triumph Tiger Cub bike some 3 years later ................. oh, the style, the style. Nowadays as one of the pensioners crowding out the local Poundstretchers I'm surrounded by guys my own age with tracksuits & baseball caps. You fancy that cap , you go for it M8.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

I have one of those Tarp hats (but the Cap version)

images

Father in law just gave me a Barbour flat cap

With my wax jacket, walking boots and blackthorn walking stick I'm quite the gent

Got mine from MacNaughtons when I was in Pitlochry for my brother-in-law's wedding a couple of years ago.

It's usually tucked away in my poacher's pocket.

MacNaughtons, eh. That brings back memories. Some quality, expensive gear in there. I take you have a Barbour Beaufort or similar?

Gairdner said:
MacNaughtons, eh. That brings back memories. Some quality, expensive gear in there. I take you have a Barbour Beaufort or similar?

That's the one, a Beaufort. I pretty much live in it.

There was a chap in MacNaughton's who wouldn't have looked out of place if the Carry On team decided to remake Braveheart. He was wearing a massive set of white whiskers, a kilt, sash and a massive TOS that you could've landed a Chinook on.

Mine smells like I live it. No, that's my flat cap. My third Barbour but only because I outgrew the previous two. The poachers pocket is a real boon for collecting twigs, kindling and tinder when your in the woods or away with the canoe. Makes my beam end look even more mahoosive than usual though.

I know what you mean: Scotland is so full of stereotypical tourist tat that it really does make you wonder why people buy the ruddy stuff. Handmade kilts and accessories, outer clothing and hand crafted goods, aye. Woolly tartan willy warmers for South American pygmies, naw.

n1vlo said:
u need to look here then....ill be getting one come the summer...for the rain

http://www.tarphat.co.uk/

Just ordered.

We have a country walk / team building day on Thursday hope it comes in time

I've tried various hat types and makes but I find that the Stetson brand is the best IMO. Their Haterras style is my fave for winter or summer in different weight fabrics.

Yeehaaaw, finally a bunch of hat wearers :)
I got my first a couple of years ago and felt like a tit wearing it. But everyone said I suited it even though I looked like a twat, who cares? I don't! I have a nice Kookaburra and love it, much to the wife's disappointment I wear it almost everywhere. My dad bought it for my birthday and it's one of the best presents I have had. I saw it at a game fair and tried it on, I loved it but just didn't have the balls for it. My old boy saw me and behind my back went and bought it for me, I'm so glad he did. Even though I do look like a twat
:)

Back
Top Bottom