flat caps

The Breton cap IS very smart, Johnny. Not sure I could carry one off but then mind you I look a right fat, farmer Giles in my over-sized flat cap and am sure the Trilby would take the levels of ridiculousness to new heights but the Breton might just take me into Police Academy's Blue Oyster Bar territory. Whilst I'm all for sexual equality, I'm still a mite uncomfortable about certain things.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJMerul33E[/video]

I am sure you have no need whatsoever to fear such things and I post this just for laughs. :D

You realise, of course Graeme, that after viewing that clip I'll just never be able to slash a peak or insert a set up into any cap ever again !

On the other hand ...................... Some of those leather caps did look kinda goodly !

JohnnyO. \:blush:

As a proud Yorkshireman I can never be see in such attire as I don't possess one of these.

220px-WhippetWhiteSaddled_wb.jpg

I use a Barbour corduroy flat cap. Not waterproof, but looks the part and the woman likes it. If it's really hot in the summer (yeah RIGHT), I use a Failsworth 'Adventurer' cotton fedora type titfer with a really broad brim (to keep the sun off my neck - no really!).

Lou

Gulp! I hope this isn't compulsory if you take up traditional shaving? My missus thinks I'm enough of an old duffer as it is without wearing the uniform! No offence!

Actually, I do possess one, a Hoggs of Five ISTR. I wear it once a year on my 'beaters day' where it's sort of expected. I don't arf look a dipstick in it though :-(

Fife man, Fife! Nae ruddy five. Jings, crivvens n' help ma boab....:D ;)

You keep yer white eye shadow and lippy, I'll keep ma flat cap. :p

The only flat cap I have left is a Laksen, nice cap & worth a look at. Since moving to Aus I rarely wear it, the UV & rainfall in Tas is high enough to warrant a full brim hat.

I have a few different types but IMHO Tilley hats are hard to beat whether you are walking the dog, fishing, hiking or whatever you do. They are crushable, washable, they float, look good & they will send you another one if you lose it.

Disclaimer; I have no connection whatsoever with Tilley Hats, bang for buck for items I have purchased, it ranks highly.

What's the age demographic for wearing these bunnets on here?

I used to have one when I was in my 20s, and I thought that it quite suited me. Unfortunately no one else did and I stopped wearing it.
Now, in my 40s, I quite fancy the woollen M&S one which is a little fuller in shape.

http://outlet.marksandspencer.com/Pure-Wool-Folda-Flat-T09-1651-S-HFPR/dp/B007XSUTWG?field_availability=-1&field_browse=2090344031&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&id=Pure+Wool+Folda+Flat+T09-1651-S-HFPR&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Csize_name%2Ccolor_map%2Cbrandtextbin%2Cprice&searchNodeID=2090344031&searchPage=1&searchRank=-product_site_launch_date&searchSize=12

Back
Top Bottom