Fitjar

Fair play to you i’m glad it works for you but for me it’s dreadful
Iv used in in Scotland, Norway & Spain where the water is soft except for spain off course.
I think their creams are first class but way over priced.
I can lather it up very easily but it’s far to quick to dissipate, Almost instantly

Interesting, I've used it in England and Germany - neither known for good water, and had zero issues like that, lather was nearly as good as from any German soap (they're kind of a benchmark). In fact, bought two more cakes after liking Slatteroy so much.

Interesting, I've used it in England and Germany - neither known for good water, and had zero issues like that, lather was nearly as good as from any German soap (they're kind of a benchmark). In fact, bought two more cakes after liking Slatteroy so much.
I’m glad you haven’t had an issue it’s reassuring
perhaps iv got a bad batch which i hadn’t thought of before.
Really annoying though as it’s not cheap.

I’m glad you haven’t had an issue it’s reassuring
perhaps iv got a bad batch which i hadn’t thought of before.
Really annoying though as it’s not cheap.

Actually, that could be it. They're small batch hand made production (at least used to be?) - so there's variables in the process. I remember back in the day when we were all raving about Nanny's soaps here I also got a mixed bag. One sample was just fantastic, another was horrid and lathered like a brick.

Actually, that could be it. They're small batch hand made production (at least used to be?) - so there's variables in the process. I remember back in the day when we were all raving about Nanny's soaps here I also got a mixed bag. One sample was just fantastic, another was horrid and lathered like a brick.
Weird isn’t it.
Although i’m not keen i still use it
i won’t spend cash & not use it.
On the other hand i find the creams to be first class so was totally annoyed when i got a duff puck

Weird isn’t it.
Although i’m not keen i still use it
i won’t spend cash & not use it.
On the other hand i find the creams to be first class so was totally annoyed when i got a duff puck

Just out of curiosity - do you use natural or synthetic brush? Once I've switched to synthetics (well over 10 years ago), lathering got waaaaay better with all soaps, never looked back. Also, I face lather - rubbing the soap cake on the stubble first, so it picks up a good amount.

Just out of curiosity - do you use natural or synthetic brush? Once I've switched to synthetics (well over 10 years ago), lathering got waaaaay better with all soaps, never looked back. Also, I face lather - rubbing the soap cake on the stubble first, so it picks up a good amount.
I use all brushes mate although synthetic is my least favourite.
I can lather anything & never had problems.
Iv basically wet shaved since i was 15 although as a chore & not a pleasure as it is now.
I know it’s the soap & not me.
The only other soap that i would class as similar is Geo F Trumper who also have terrible soap yet fantastic creams.
I’ll put it down to having a bad batch but i very much doubt i’ll ever buy another just in case

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom