Fitjar

Today Jorunn posted this entry (or emailed if you're a subscriber to the site updates) that speaks a bit more about moving forward with the re-launch efforts.
Enjoy.

"
Stacking wood
Earlier this fall, I spent a week-end stacking wood. At the cabin. As you know, I like to escape to this remote spot, to recharge my batteries and collect my thoughts. Husband was chopping new wood, and my task was to stack a suitable storage of old, dry wood by the doorstep, in preparation for winter. (because: winter is coming)

I like stacking wood. The movement, the trips back and forth with armloads of dry, fragrant wood. The sound. If I were a percussionist, I would find endless distractions, composing music out of the hollow woody clonks. Did anyone ever write a piece of music for a stack of wood? Someone should. Stacking wood is a peaceful, mindless activity, almost like hitting the "reset" button in your soul.

Stacking the wood also led me to thinking of the silent beauty of doing work that is necessary, but invisible.

Which again led me to thinking about my new business partner, Monica. She is currently hard at work, eyeglasses glued to the computer screen, hour after hour, day after day, laying the foundation of the rebranding of our business. And she sighed, the other day, realizing that she is doing loads and loads of (very necessary) work that, in the end, will be completely invisible. But without her brilliant mind so hard at work at this point, the end result will not be the way we want it to be. And we want the new version of Fitjar Soap to be completely in line with the picture we have in our minds, and we are turning every stone and working very hard to create a brand and website that reflects the Fitjar values and visions and our exquisite products.

So I hope you join us in appreciating the invisible work of laying the foundations, and eagerly anticipating the next chapter of the Fitjar story"

Received this update today from Fitjar.
Unfortunately nothing really tangible in it.

Impatience is a Virtue
Why the H*** is it taking so long?
When I asked Monica, my business partner, to suggest a topic for this newsletter, that is literally what she said. And I must admit, this has been the main reason for outbursts of frustration these past months. So, I assume it has been on your mind also.

We are really excited about getting closer to revealing the new visual identity, and we want to thank you, our loyal subscribers, for your patience. Even more so, we want to thank you for your impatience. Your emails spurring us on are the best energisers (along with countless cups of coffee), so we are planning a special treat to reward you for staying on our mailing list, and for staying so actively involved in our process!

From now on, we will send updates more regularly, and we will start communicating more often on Facebook. So keep in touch, there is so much we want to involve you in!

Right now, a demanding aspect of the relaunch is the new website, which we plan to fill with useful content, in addition to products to buy, of course. As we get closer to the launch, we are eager to hear what you think:

What are the topics you would like to read about on the new website?
What are your favourite shaving products that you are hoping to find in our online store?
When you are not busy shaving, thinking about shaving or talking about shaving, what do you fill your time with?

The foundry is open!
and ready to help you

If you follow us on Facebook you would have seen the photo of Monica and Jorunn fitting the poster in the window of the shop in Fitjar. We are renting the same house that Fitjar Soap used to have as production place and headquarters! As before, if you happen to be passing when the flag is out, feel free to pop in and say hello, and of course we do have products for sale.

Remember that in case of emergency, we do have some small batches of the shaving products, in the old packaging. We are here for you if you are getting low on your favourite shaving products, click on the link below and send us your order!

How to order:

Email: hello@fitjarislands.no with your order as per below

EMAIL ORDER FORM
The prices given are in NOK, for orders outside of Norway. Orders will be sent as airmail letter, no tracking available.
(editable order below: reply to this email and replace 0 with the number of items you want to order):

PRESHAVE/FACIAL CLEANSER 80 grams price NOK 111.20
Facial Cleansing Bar / Pre Shave Soap – 0

SHAVING CREAM 175 ml price NOK 194.40
Shaving Cream Fjellheim - 0
Shaving Cream Folgefonn - 0
Shaving Cream Slåtterøy – SORRY, SOLD OUT
Shaving Cream Calmomilla - 0

SHAVING SOAP 100 grams (in plastic jar) price NOK 194.40
Shaving Soap Fjellheim - 0
Shaving Soap Folgefonn - 0
Shaving Soap Slåtterøy - 0
Shaving Soap Calmomilla – 0

SHAVING SOAP 100 grams (in wood bowl) price NOK 279.20
Shaving Soap Fjellheim - 0
Shaving Soap Folgefonn - 0
Shaving Soap Slåtterøy - 0
Shaving Soap Calmomilla - 0

AFTERSHAVE COOLING GEL 50 ml price NOK 199.20
Aftershave Cooling Gel Fjellheim – 0
Aftershave Cooling Gel Folgefonn - 0
Aftershave Cooling Gel Slåtterøy - 0
Aftershave Cooling Gel Calmomilla - 0

AFTERSHAVE MOISTURIZER 50 ml price NOK 199.20
Aftershave Moisturizer Fjellheim - 0
Aftershave Moisturizer Folgefonn - 0
Aftershave Moisturizer Slåtterøy - 0
Aftershave Moisturizer Calmomilla - 0
Facial Moisturizer Unscented - 0

ACCESSORIES
Shaving brush #2233 Super Badger with old Fitjar Soap logo (soon to be extinct)
NOK 327.20 - 0

Terms and conditions:
Shipping cost within Europe, NOK 41.
Shipping cost to the rest of the world, NOK 58.
Payment in advance, by paypal, payment request will be sent. Orders will be sent as airmail letter, no tracking available.

Important! Remember to write name and delivery address:

Oh, and here is a reminder of what the different fragrances smell like:
Fjellheim:
For the urban mountain man. Some spruce, some juniper and an undertone of woody notes, but in a juicy kind of way, kind of like breathing in the fragrance of a pile of freshly cut timber logs while walking along a forest road. Definitely a green, uplifting scent that has a fresh, clean outdoorsy personality. Our most popular fragrance so far.

Folgefonn:
Menthol, menthol and menthol, blended with a splash of eucalyptus and sweetened with a dose of spruce. Excellent if you want a super cooling, refreshing shave. Please note that the cooling menthol feel is more gentle in the shaving cream and shaving soap than in the Folgefonn Aftershave Balm. Also, please not that this is extremely refreshing and not for the faint of heart. Keep out of eyes, and it may sting sensitive skin. But: If you love the cooling, invigorating, exuberating feel of menthol, look no further.

Slåtterøy:
Slåtterøy is the name of a lighthouse near us. From Fitjar we can see the lights sweep across the sky. Slåtterøy is a blend of citrus and bay rum, evoking a time when men were Men and sailed the seven seas. Blending citrus and spices, the top note of this scent has an invigorating spark, with an intriguing finish due to the spicy base notes. Lemon and lime, spices, wood and bay laurel.

Calmomilla:
Calming blend of cedarwood, chamomile and lavender. More woody than sweet, this fragrance is suitable for very sensitive skin, blending three of the most calming essential oils I know of, resulting in a soothing woody fragrance intended to evoke harmony in your skin and in your heart.

Most of you might already know - but it seems like @Executive Shaving is now carrying some of the Fitjar products!

fn4l55.jpg

Maybe it's the hard water? For me they're some of the best performers, zero issues with the lather - have three of their hard soaps and love them.
Fair play to you i’m glad it works for you but for me it’s dreadful
Iv used in in Scotland, Norway & Spain where the water is soft except for spain off course.
I think their creams are first class but way over priced.
I can lather it up very easily but it’s far to quick to dissipate, Almost instantly

Back
Top Bottom