First SE shave OUCH!

UPDATE,
Thank you to all the people that gave advice and helped me on this, I can now safely say that I have got the hang of all 3 of my SE Razors and love them! I am growing more and more attached to the GEM Junior, was a noce shave that gives, and as a major bonus my 70 year dad who has been electric shaving for ever has tried my GEM Junior and is fast becoming a convert! will be looking to set him up with a set of his own equipment asap.
ONCE AGAIN THANKS!

Like all else in TSR m8, what goes around comes around. Be your turn to try to assist some of the rest of us with the next challenge. None of us here "knows it all" ...... but between us we do know quite a bit !

& well done dad for his open mind & willingness to give SE shaving a go.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
None of us here "knows it all" ...... but between us we do know quite a bit !
JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Hey Johnny what's happenin,

As you know, I make a lot of stuff up if I don't know the right answer. I guess the same is true even if I DO know it. I just like making stuff up....no big deal. Yeah, I figure bad and maybe dangerous answers are more fun than no answers at all. Plus, I need to get my post count up. Gotta look good on my resume when I apply for B&B Mod school in the fall.

The trick is to lie with conviction!

Marvin

Working on the premise that T. H. Huxley is correct when he writes, "Irrationally held truths may be more harmful than reasoned error" you may well be entirely in the right of the matter Morven.
And, had I your O. Wilde propensity for expressing absurdities (just look at your thoughts on single edge razors ) so winsomely I'd doubtless also joyously attempt to lead the unsuspecting on the very edge of, if not a precipice, at least a razor's edge of uncertainty. However, I don't. So I am satisfied to cackle in my doddery olde fashion over your ever welcome posts whilst attempting to remain within the foothills of my own limitations.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

JohnnyO said:

Working on the premise that T. H. Huxley is correct when he writes, "Irrationally held truths may be more harmful than reasoned error" you may well be entirely in the right of the matter Morven.
And, had I your O. Wilde propensity for expressing absurdities (just look at your thoughts on single edge razors ) so winsomely I'd doubtless also joyously attempt to lead the unsuspecting on the very edge of, if not a precipice, at least a razor's edge of uncertainty. However, I don't. So I am satisfied to cackle in my doddery olde fashion over your ever welcome posts whilst attempting to remain within the foothills of my own limitations.

You don't get that sort of quality of post over in "the other place".:icon_rolleyes: That was almost poetic!

Tom said:
Make sure your dad joins the forum :icon_razz:

Thats a joke! it has taken 2 years to convince and show him that a mobile phone is not something you only turn on to make a call and off again, if i introduce him to the internet god only knows!

Strop the blade before each use on some worn blue jeans or the palm of your hands. And as, Wil says, shave with the head flat to your face and use absolutely zero pressure...or less...use negative pressure. You should even hold the razor handle lightly in the hand. Use short strokes.

I wrote this before seeing you have conquered the GEM types. Try the Damaskeene. You will really like it.

Next, would be the Schick injectors. Try the G1, my old favorite and the Paul Revere, my new favorite Schick injector.

chrisbell said:
JohnnyO said:
had I your O. Wilde propensity for expressing absurdities (just look at your thoughts on single edge razors ) so winsomely I'd doubtless also joyously attempt to lead the unsuspecting on the very edge of, if not a precipice, at least a razor's edge of uncertainty. However, I don't. So I am satisfied to cackle in my doddery olde fashion over your ever welcome posts whilst attempting to remain within the foothills of my own limitations.

You don't get that sort of quality of post over in "the other place".:icon_rolleyes: That was almost poetic!

You're right Chris.......might even be borderline Homeric. The old geezer can still turn a phrase on a good day.

The old geezer can still turn a phrase on a good day.

Turned a few the other day in Morrison's Supermarket, I can tell you. Hadn't realised I was wandering around in my usual old buffer fashion before a kindly (& giggling) east european lady advised me that my shirt tail was flapping out beneath my blazer at the back !
Still, coulda been worse, may have been a roll of toilet paper unravelling ahent me.

JohnnyO said:
Turned a few the other day in Morrison's Supermarket, I can tell you. Still, coulda been worse, may have been a roll of toilet paper unravelling ahent me.

Yeah, it mighta been a chunk of haggis the size of a small coin stuck between your front teeth.

That could be unsettling to gaze upon..

Back
Top Bottom