First SE recommendations

Hi all,

As I near the end of trying a load of de blades it got me thinking about trying a SE razor.

Not looking to spend the earth so any recommendations for a cheaper the better razor to give it a whirl along with my DE razors?

Thanks in advance

Here are some options for you:

£7.61 | YAQI Single Edge Chrome Color AC Safety Razor Head for Men

I'm loathe to recommend the Yaqi as I never got on with it. Others do like it though and it's a cheap entry to the AC market. The Hawk V2 is better built and shaved better (in my opinion).

I'm loathe to recommend the Yaqi as I never got on with it. Others do like it though and it's a cheap entry to the AC market. The Hawk V2 is better built and shaved better (in my opinion).
Perfect thankyou, I will await the arrival of the 1912. Just blades to source now

Here are the AC blades:

The GEM blades:

Along those lines I would not recommend a Yaqi Katana, I found it far too aggressive.

Along those lines I would not recommend a Yaqi Katana, I found it far too aggressive.

I concur.

Razorock Eco, more so ...

Leaf Twig is a lovely razor. Not quite the reason to go single edge, but certainly a nice change using blades that you already have.

... but yes, I'd say a 1912 with a pack of GEM by Personna blades from Connaught. Classy!

If an MMOC Gem fits the bill I had one listed on the bst that’s still available, comes with a tuck of gem blades too…

If you’re looking for AC the razorock hawk v3 is excellent and occasionally appears on bst for around £50-60.

I had Boycie's Excalibur/Raster and it got me into AC. Works well but does feel a little cheap, cos it is
Performance excellent for the tiny price. But I bought a stainless Hawk V3A (aggressive) on the BST shortly afterwards when one came up and it took it to the next level. I've not tried vintage or Gem style yet so can't compare.

I concur.
The Katana is based on Cobbled geometry. (SCHaDE)
Not exactly for a beginner. Very effective.
BTW, with a good handle, I like it.
wKgBQJz.jpeg

New line Yaqi Tachi is smooth.
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/yaqi-brush-tachi-shade.58170/

Actually, SE for half DE blade (SHaDE) is in the middle.
Not really a SE, IMHE. Way different than AC.
Wich I prefer.

To me, best option to start (and stay!!) is the combo:
• Razorock Hawk V2
• Sapphoo Red (replica Kai Captain Titan Mild ProTouch MG)

I love the Hulk Green.
NTMYNJm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom