Yaqi Brush: Tachi (SHaDE)

In japanese, Tachi is the big sword for the cavalry.
This is the name of the new Yaqi Brush model.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005401832048.html

A classic SHaDE geometry.
Full stainless steel, with a huge gap. (1.00)
c1EqEbh.jpg

Perfect pairing for the Tsuka (hilt).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005402895253.html
Z4P79ZP.jpg

Ah! Goody ... so a stainless variant of the ... errr, Yaqi SE if that's what we called it? I have the plated and the DLC heads already.

Yeah! Stainless is welcome.

Now, if only they'd rethink the AC head and drop that damn flat screw post and fit in a proper round threaded post. They did prototype that for the V2? head, but ended up with another flat screw post.

Ah! Goody ... so a stainless variant of the ... errr, Yaqi SE if that's what we called it? I have the plated and the DLC heads already.

Now, if only they'd rethink the AC head and drop that damn flat screw post and fit in a proper round threaded post. They did prototype that for the V2? head, but ended up with another flat screw post.

Is it a SS version of the Yaqi Katana?

I'm not sure it's really its SS variant of the Katana, as the way it clamps the blade is pretty different, the lather channel is different, the safety bar has no scallops, and the top cap thinner toward the blade's cutting edge.
Still, could be rather nice.

Last edited:
Looks a bit like the Excalibur/Raster head. I agree with Paul about the flat screw post on that, feels nasty. But yeah there are differences. I wonder who they've copied now. Themselves?

Excalibur was King Arthur's sword, just saying.

The name Tachi would make me think Tatara if I had not seen the pics already. As PP says, Tachi is Japanese for a particular sword, and Nodachi means great sword (the Japanese modify the consonant when another word comes before, so keri = kick but mae geri = front kick, tachi sword becomes nodachi great sword).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom