February 2021 Acquisitions

20210208_182240[1].jpg

Egyptian Ingrams (fantastic)
Bond shaving cream from Poland (not tried yet)
Old Spice shaving cream from India

Derby cologne and Consul aftershave. Both Polish and both superb.

After spanking tons of cash over the years on expensive artisan shaving soaps, I've been amazed by how much better my face feels using these humble, inexpensive creams. The Kapo cream I purchased in January, for instance, gave me one of the best shaves I've ever had. Thinking of trying Denim and Godrej next. Oh, and if anyone wants to sell their unwanted Barbon or Wars shaving creams let me know.

10x Rise Stainless razor blades ... made by SuperMax

rise-saloon-double-edge-razor-blade-500x500.jpg

I went for a random play on the 'bay last night after reading your Supermax post @pjgh.
This morning I received confirmation I had somehow ordered Centwin Platinum, Lancet Super Platinum, Zorrik Super Platinum and Zorrik Titanium blades :rolleyes: :LOL:

Good, good! I'm told the Lancets are a good shave. I have the trio (Stainless, Platinum & Advanced) in the queue for this month. I've also the Zorrik Titanium to try and the Centwin. The Zorrik Super Platinum is a nice shave and that got me, well, hooked on trying out all their new blades - SuperMax have taken a step up recently.

I went for a random play on the 'bay last night after reading your Supermax post @pjgh.
This morning I received confirmation I had somehow ordered Centwin Platinum, Lancet Super Platinum, Zorrik Super Platinum and Zorrik Titanium blades :rolleyes: :LOL:

Uncle Donnie is proud.

I've used 3 out of the 4 of those. The Zorrik Titanium and Centwin were solid performers, but the Lancet Super Platinum is one of my favourites, I'd say it's quite close to the Gillette 7 Black; paired with and Old Type it's a gloriously smooth and comfortable combination. I bought the Lancet Stainless and Advance Platinum, used the Stainless which is a touch less sharp than the Lancet Super Platinum but very smooth and paired really well with a Fat Handle Tech.

Uncle Donnie is proud.

I've used 3 out of the 4 of those. The Zorrik Titanium and Centwin were solid performers, but the Lancet Super Platinum is one of my favourites, I'd say it's quite close to the Gillette 7 Black; paired with and Old Type it's a gloriously smooth and comfortable combination. I bought the Lancet Stainless and Advance Platinum, used the Stainless which is a touch less sharp than the Lancet Super Platinum but very smooth and paired really well with a Fat Handle Tech.

@donnie_arko I've still got the Passaround Fatboy here, and a couple of other Gillettes (tech and slim twist) so hopefully I'll be happy. Out of interest, what the hell is "New Sputtered Blade Technology" :unsure::giggle:

Back
Top Bottom