Ever Ready 1914 and Ever Ready 1924 Identification

You‘re welcome on the compliments. And I apologize for the R and the British fella comment. The latter was indeed an assumption without much thought or consideration, and spelling noted riverrun, UK resident.

Great information. I think he needs to be more celebrated in the razor world. De Mesquita - The Dean of Pogonomics! He was there from 1890s-1953. That is the whole basket and hoe era pretty much. Two World Wars, the Boer, numerous others, the depression, the plague, film advertising, radio, the advent of television, development of the automobile industry, wow! “Had a tough day at work dear?” And not to forget, some of those folks were buying his razors.

That patent design was instrumental through almost his whole career and the work he did on that design need not be an issue since his name was on the patent. It would be a fun puzzle to solve though?

The idea of considering the patent info was good. And it isn’t all xeroxing and card files over here in Canada!

So within a week of receiving his March 1914 US patent Joseph Kaufman files a Canadian Patent application on item titled ‘Razor’ and on June 09th, within only eight weeks (Cdn service! ), he obtains Cdn Patent CA156153 for said razor. I don’t have the document contents, but as the Toronto made 1914 razor has that patent date on it, I can assume the details.

Canadian Made Ever Ready Razor Patent 09June 1914.