England v India - World No 1?

The indian team is looking like the casuality ward in a hospital.

would have been nice if there was one match where you get a complete fit Indian side

And it would also be nice to have a fit England squad as well, swings both ways to be fair.

Trott - Injured
Tremlett - Injured
Swann - Injured

Very similar to India but now Harbajan and Yuvraj injured.

And rthe vaseline comment, which current england official or player said that, oh an ex player...

I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm losing interest.

Once again my cunning plan worked. Not much was happening after an early breakthrough. So I took my motorcycle off for a prelunch jaunt. It did the trick - England took three wickets while I was out. I didn't miss much else today. Another great day for England.

And I made good progress on my book The Popes. Who says we men can't multi task?

Excellent batting display today, obviously by Cook but also Bell was hitting boundaries for fun before he went. Put a substantial turn in tomorrow morning and we can declare at lunch I reckon.

^^ Never. Not in these circumstances.

Bad luck for Cookie, he deserved a 300 bless him.

The test is only heading one way, it's only a case of whether it'll finish Saturday or Sunday. My money is on Saturday. England are going to be the world number 1, and I hope Fido is happy that at least he's not on his own discussing it.

(Remember the meet Fido?)

hunnymonster said:
And 30+ years of watching them says if there is a team capable of choking in such circumstances... it's England

South Africa, surely!

Canuck said:
^^ Never. Not in these circumstances.

Bad luck for Cookie, he deserved a 300 bless him.

The test is only heading one way, it's only a case of whether it'll finish Saturday or Sunday. My money is on Saturday. England are going to be the world number 1, and I hope Fido is happy that at least he's not on his own discussing it.

(Remember the meet Fido?)

I do indeed.. It's getting quite crowded in here. Just preparing for my morning run. Need to be fit for today.

From an Indian Fan: Seeing this series and the way England have played there is no doubt that England team is playing like the number one team and India to be honest does not deserve to be in the top 5 at all.
Even I am thinking that the game should be over on Saturday

I think that the performace of India till now depended heavily on the old coach gary kirston and since he has gone we would not be bouncing back any time soon

Don't be too hard on the Indian team. This is a brilliant England side. Things would have been much closer if their best bowler had been fit. But their shortage of an able replacement has cost them dear.

At 56-4 right now things are going only one way. Would be great to see Tendulkar get a century though.

BCCI seriously considering to pressurize ICC to implement the following rules for the next test

1. Every Indian batsmen should be given 2 opportunities to bat in an innings
2. Only first 4 English batsmen are allowed to bat
3. One tip catch is out for an English batsmen
4. England should stop batting the moment their score goes over 300
5. English fast bowlers should bowl in their wrong hand
6. They will not be allowed to bowl at speeds more than 40 mph

Back
Top Bottom