England v India - World No 1?

For non cricket fans, battle is now joined for the top spot in world cricket. England will replace India as world no 1 if they beat them by 2 in the 4 Test series which started yesterday.

England are off to a fine start. With Le Tour finished for the day we are enjoying some superb cricket on a fine summer evening at Lords. This is the stuff of an English summer!

Fido said:
For non cricket fans, battle is now joined for the top spot in world cricket. England will replace India as world no 1 if they beat them by 2 in the 4 Test series which started yesterday.

England are off to a fine start. With Le Tour finished for the day we are enjoying some superb cricket on a fine summer evening at Lords. This is the stuff of an English summer!

Not a cycling fan, but a sunny evening at Lords is England.:heart:

I just think it's a shame that India are being forced to battle it out with a below strength side. I know it happens in sport but I'd have preffered to see a fight between 2 fully fit sides. Still, it's a good matchup and it'll be an interesting series.

Come on England - grind 'em down.

Takes me back to the early 60s. I used to keep a radio on in my office drawer and thought I'd got away with it. One day the phone rang. It was the big boss. "Put me through to Lords" he said, to my bemusement. "120 - 3 Sir" I said. "Good man." - I had got away with it. Didn't know he was a cricket fan. It became a standard call after that during tight matches, like todays.

Another great match in prospect.

After a frustrating afternoon, I decided to help my wife with an early meal. It did the trick. A quick Broad hat trick and the rest had gone before the meal was finished. The things I do for my country.Things always seem to happen when I stop watching!

Anyone see the Bell incident?

Common sense prevailed. Someone must have found a way to invoke Law 42.And a riot was avoided. Imagine if it had been Tendulkar in Calcutta.

well fido it is called a gentlemans game
So some team call back the players to heighten the spirit of the game
Some team check the opposite teams bat for vaseline accusing them of cheating

Back
Top Bottom