Do you believe this? I'm not certain.

I’ll be interested to see if it’s like the T7 to shave with and as such the Mamba which I believe it was based on. Still £22 for a steel handle and zamak head is still a good deal.

The top cap has clear machining marks (which can, hopefully, be seen in the photos I posted earlier) and a few on the base plate around the "nubs".
I doubt anyone would bother machining zamak if they can just cast it and cover up mistakes by electroplating it. Not impossible, just seems unlikely.

I suspect this is just a nutty promo campaign on Yintal's part to get positive reviews about a great price-performance ratio before they ramp up the price again.

I'm planning on shaving tomorrow, and I just got Reggie's Titan from @Boycie83 as well, so I might as well do a comparison shave for the heck of it.

The top cap has clear machining marks (which can, hopefully, be seen in the photos I posted earlier) and a few on the base plate around the "nubs".
I doubt anyone would bother machining zamak if they can just cast it and cover up mistakes by electroplating it. Not impossible, just seems unlikely.

I suspect this is just a nutty promo campaign on Yintal's part to get positive reviews about a great price-performance ratio before they ramp up the price again.

I'm planning on shaving tomorrow, and I just got Reggie's Titan from @Boycie83 as well, so I might as well do a comparison shave for the heck of it.
I didn't like the Reggie Mars as much as the DS T7 SS. I hope the Yintal is a good shaver.

I suspect @slapo was right about the promo thing.
The price is going up. No longer £21.18, and no longer £1.60 off on orders over £16.
The cost now is £22.79
@slapo - what is it like shaving, tell us before the price goes up again! Compare with T7?

I suspect @slapo was right about the promo thing.
The price is going up. No longer £21.18, and no longer £1.60 off on orders over £16.
The cost now is £22.79
@slapo - what is it like shaving, tell us before the price goes up again! Compare with T7?
There's a bit of a write-up here: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...ss-around-uk-titanium-razor.58608/post-927696 .
The short of it - no blade feel, super-smooth and comfortable.
Haven't compared it to the T7 yet because of having the passaround razor with me.
If you like the handle and the Mamba head design in general, get one. :)

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is 316L indeed. You would be suprised to see what the Chinese can do for little money. The only real difference between this and for example a 316L Razorock handle, is that their is no ‘middle man’ or brand between you and the factory. You probably dealt with the son of the factory owner who runs a little online side business or something like that :)

@slapo, @LeeMaz
If you are happy with a S/S handle and Zamak head, then here is one for £9.38

Dscosmetic T7-SE Zinc alloy double edge safety razor

£9.38 + 20% = £11.25 postage free.

A couple of months ago I paid £9 inc VAT for the head only.
Cheers.
I've had it in my sights because of the handles, but I don't know how good they are, and the Lemonwald bulldog style handles are excellent for a little less, which is why I got those a while back instead.

Back
Top Bottom