SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

Sunday 30 July
Two piece silver Gillette oc today and what a joy to use. This is a 1930 “The New“ version made in England and really beautifully made it is. It has a leather case which contains also two silver tubes for brush and soap and two silver blade holders, the latter seem to have doubled as match holders as the end has strike chevrons. There’s multi tasking for you.
The Løthur soap NUDE professes to be unscented and easy on the skin, and it lies not. Applied with the synthetic it doesn’t foam greatly but does give a good covering of slightly oily lather. This certainly aids the razor to run smoothly over the skin and it doesn’t dry quickly on the face. Feather high stainless on its third run and still performing very well. Two passes and pick ups for bbs finish. Old Spice splash afterwards and I’m ready for the day. Bit of gardening and then maybe watch the cricket from behind the sofa :eek:
Have a grand day fellas!

IMG_0198.jpeg

30/07/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon "Spicy"
Wk 31 (2).jpg
A nice 3 pass shave earlier today, starting with #2.75 WTG, #2.0 ATG then #1.75 XTG buffing pass. The Personna still smooth and sharp.
A nice post shave routine leaving me BBS and smelling clean and fresh.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20230730_144701.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Tabac

20230730_144347.jpg

Still not sure about the Astra. I cannot fault the technical performance. Close, smooth, no irritation. But, I'm just not "loving" it. A bit like the Black 7 O'clock I tried recently. Very similar actually...

Yesterday's shave:
Yintal V7 razor :: Gillette Silver Blue blade (1) :: Stirling Electric sheep soap and splash :: Yaqi Cola brush
IMG_20230729_213512.jpg
The first shave with the Chinese 'Yintal V7' razor (with a Razorock HD handle)... Nice! A very smooth shave, although a little milder than my preference. Just a hint of irritation afterwards, but I think it's because I buffed too much under the chin.
Have a good one, chaps!

8rPF1Yf.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Fougère Angelique
Razor: Rex Konsul (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APC Suitably Attired Australian Aftershave Lotion
Scent: L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe EdP

Now that was a shave.

Razor = Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade = Astra Sp ( 3 )
Brush = AP Shave Co 24mm Disco
Soap = Murphy McNeil
Barbershop De Los Muertos
with matching splash.
Balm = Clarins Super Moisturising Balm
IMG_1783.jpeg
Well decided to have another shave today,
Normally i’m every second day but when i’m home i often take advantage and do it as often as i can.
Three passes of luxurious lather,
i bowl lathered this one for over 30 minutes :eek:
I was lathering up when the phone went & i just got carried away forgetting what i was actually doing lol.
The barber shop scent is every bit as good as other barbershop scents i have,
fresh, clean and just the way i like it.
Splash is a bit hit or miss,
definitely a different scent from the soap although not a bad scent,
just different.
Enjoy what’s last of the weekend it’s back to reality tomorrow for most but not me :)

IMG_2484.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: TOBS Eton College
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: TOBS Eton College Cologne

Been so busy the last few days I've not really had time to post up my SOTD's and the Astra blade I had been using had caused razor bumps on my left side and a few spots under my nose so I've had to lay off the shaving for 4 days. Tonight was a stunner though resulting in just a 2 pass WTG and XTG.

Signature Soaps body soap and hot shower.
TGS 27mm omega boar brush
MWF & Tabac soap blend
Vintage 1981 NOS Gillette Super Silver Isleworth
Muhle Rocca R94
Thayer's Cucumber WH
La Roche Posay B5 balm
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash
IMG_20230730_200859.jpg

Back
Top Bottom