Difficulty sourcing Chinese Schicks

Anybody that has a "One Size Fits All Injector Blade" Attitude will Loose out Big Time..There is No Other Razor out there in my experience that can be as Radically transformed by various blades as an Injector..In the USA this is more commonly understood..I cant think of anybody around here that has regretted buying a Wider Variety of Injector Blades..:)

Billy

A very limited number of blades to choose from so not very much like DE blades at all :)
My Hoard of Injector Blades..:D
DSC_0229_zps7zghtpxn.jpg

DSC_0230_zpsljzy6i27.jpg

DSC_0231_zpsunub92xm.jpg
That's a Myth...:D

Billy

Fine blades those..Those will be the Dutch Ones..The General Consensus is that the Optimal blade for the Bunny is a Chinese Schick Blade..I would have to agree with that..The Chinese blade is commonly regarded as the Optimal Blade for the PAL Injecto & Adjustable as Well..:p

Billy

Ok I caved in and bought some NOS Schick blades, Ultra Platinum, no idea how they rank may save them for the Bunny :)

Good deal,

Maybe start with a Personna for 3-4 shaves as a reference point and then switch to the Schick blade. Heh, as Billy showed you, there's plenty of wonderful old blades to choose from.

Very smart of you!

Martin

Today, I bought a 20 pack of the Personna Mini Hair Shaper blades at a beauty/barber supply store. These are the ones marked Comfort Coated which have the same edge as the 'Lab Blues'. As well, these are the exact same blade as those made for injectors, i.e., size & hole spacing. I couldn't get one to load from the rear into a real injector magazine, so I realized you have to put them in where they come out one at a time while depressing the internal spring. After that it loaded into my razor like goose sh%$ through a tin horn. :) I am confident that these will shave better than the Chicom Schick ones. Regardless, I bought a few NOS loaded mags of Schick Plus Platinum and Super Chromium to try soon. If these latter two shave as well as their NOS DE versions then I will have cut a fat hog in the azz. ;)

Today, I bought a 20 pack of the Personna Mini Hair Shaper blades at a beauty/barber supply store. These are the ones marked Comfort Coated which have the same edge as the 'Lab Blues'. As well, these are the exact same blade as those made for injectors, i.e., size & hole spacing. I couldn't get one to load from the rear into a real injector magazine, so I realized you have to put them in where they come out one at a time while depressing the internal spring. After that it loaded into my razor like goose sh%$ through a tin horn. :) I am confident that these will shave better than the Chicom Schick ones. Regardless, I bought a few NOS loaded mags of Schick Plus Platinum and Super Chromium to try soon. If these latter two shave as well as their NOS DE versions then I will have cut a fat hog in the azz. ;)
The Dutch & Swedish made Injector Blade Plats are Great..The USA made Schick Plats are Not so Great..:)

Billy

The Dutch & Swedish made Injector Blade Plats are Great..The USA made Schick Plats are Not so Great..:)

Billy

Those Euro Schick blades were never exported over here to the best of my knowledge so I have never seen one (or in DE as well). I do believe they were imported into Canada however.

I did try a Personna Comfort Coated Mini Hair Shaper blade today and hands down it's a better blade than the Chicom Schick. Exact same shave characteristics as the legendary 'Lab Blue'. Much sharper.

Back
Top Bottom