December 2020 Acquisitions

A small sample bottle of vintage Floris Ormonde EdT. It smells really good in the bottle, with an initial strong hit of jasmine. Top note is fougere, middle notes jasmine and rose, base notes musk and oakmoss. First created 1957.
0GoJVXr.jpg

Don't know if they are the same, some say they are the same, others say there different.
The half blades are for my shavettes. What is a ShaDe razor?
Is it possible to use a half blade in a regular DE? Is the blade then secure?

It woul be interesting to know if you think the Usta are simply the regular green Derby but specifically for the Turkish market.
What do you use half DEs in? Shavette, or ShaDE razor ... or just half a blade in a regular DE?

It's supposed to be a different blade, I can't quite remember if it's as sharp as their Derby Premium, which I have used and aside from the irritation (my face reacts to a coating on Derby blades and a few others) it was a very good smooth blade.

Don't know if they are the same, some say they are the same, others say there different.
The half blades are for my shavettes. What is a ShaDe razor?
Is it possible to use a half blade in a regular DE? Is the blade then secure?

ShaDe razor could be something like a Yaqi Katana, which is a razor head that uses half a DE blade.

Sample of Jacomo de Jacomo ... present market offering, not vintage. Still after some vintage.

Yeah, nice! One I'll get a full bottle of while I hunt vintage. Cheer Bogster! @Bogeyman

Versus al Rehab Superman (which led us to discuss Jacomo de Jacomo), it's more mossy, less spicy. Superman is most definitely clove, cinnamon and ginger. Jacomo de Jacomo is those things, but they're not in your face. Yeah, definitely a deep mossy, spicy frag and lovely this time of year!

Yaqi Tuxedos.JPG

Impressed with Yaqi's post sales services. I placed an 11/11 order for 2 Sagrada Tuxedos and both arrived with huge glue bumps and they sent out two replacements, both with lowish glue bumps of around 5mm, with 51mm/52mm lofts.

However, my 11/11 order also included a Katana razor head which still hasn't turned up!

Back
Top Bottom